iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quickie Quiz Jackpot Lucky 7

Started by mesquite buckeye, February 10, 2013, 08:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay C. White Cloud

Desert Mountain Mahogany, Cercocarpus ledifolius but that isn't an Acacia...I can't think...another Acacia???  smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_sidelightbulb whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley smiley_evilbunny smiley_evilbunny
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 11, 2013, 07:10:38 PM
Desert Mountain Mahogany, Cercocarpus ledifolius but that isn't an Acacia...I can't think...another Acacia???  smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_sidelightbulb whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley whiteflag_smiley smiley_evilbunny smiley_evilbunny

So much fun, so little wood. ;D ;D ;D

It is still an acacia, just looking for the right one...... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley

tyb525

Those were the only other acacia I could come up with :/
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Jay C. White Cloud

Ha, HA, HA, HA,  Your on the ropes now MB.  try this on for size...SHOT GUN!!!!!

Cinnecord  Acacia choriophylla

laugh_at Needle Bush  Vachellia farnesiana

Twisted Acaia  Acacia tortuosa

If I won, you have to tell us all about this tree and milling it.   smiley_curtain_peek

"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: tyb525 on February 11, 2013, 08:07:03 PM
Those were the only other acacia I could come up with :/

Very sad :( :( :(

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 11, 2013, 08:31:45 PM
Ha, HA, HA, HA,  Your on the ropes now MB.  try this on for size...SHOT GUN!!!!!

Cinnecord  Acacia choriophylla

laugh_at Needle Bush  Vachellia farnesiana

Twisted Acaia  Acacia tortuosa

If I won, you have to tell us all about this tree and milling it.   smiley_curtain_peek

We call them sweet acacia here. was Acacia farnesiana, often listed as Acacia smallii.
Apparently some genius moved it to Vachellia.

Note the rat turdiferous pod. :)

We have a winner. smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping

mesquite buckeye

They are common ornamental trees in Tucson, rarely over 2 ft thick. This one blew down where I work maybe 3 years ago. Just got around to milling it a couple weeks ago. Fresh cut it is red and yellow striped. Heavy, hard hard. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Flowers in 1/2" balls, especially in spring, very fragrant. Mostly evergreen, drought deciduous, or if it gets really cold, like this year. Grows to about 25 X 25ft.

Jay C. White Cloud

Ya know, they always say go with your gut on test...That is why I used the little laugh_at  "pointy smiley face," fellow. Have you ever eaten the rat turds...um I mean sweet pods in a salad or steamed.  They are good.  Now I know when I need a piece of really hard wood for stuff I can count on you.  I like using our "exotics," from right here in good old USA.

Thank's this was fun as usual.

Regards,  jay 

mesquite buckeye

Down side is I gotta get another piece of wood out. You guys will have to wait a couple of days for the next one.

russ

Thank You Sponsors!