iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got a free log over the weekend with pics of log to lumber now

Started by hackberry jake, February 10, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

David,

You might be ugly, and you might have broomsedge growing in your house, but at least you are the Most Interesting Man in the World.

Hackberry,

I love that color in cherry.  I have made a number of pieces of furniture that had that kind of color.  Looks like that I need to come to that side of the mountain  :)

Here is a little three drawer bachelor's chest with some of that same color and streaking.

Are going to make something nice, just hoard it, or sell the lumber  ???.  (I may have to come get it  :)).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice Danny. I used the ZOOM IN feature on my computer to look close at this piece........I love the grain.
Good wood selection for this chest.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

CalebL

Quote from: hackberry jake on February 18, 2013, 03:39:19 PM
This one actually came from Chester. Caleb called me and said "I'll bet that log came from mountainburg". I was floored. (for those of you that don't know, Chester is a stones throw from mountainburg... Almost) how did he know I was poaching cherry off of his side of the mountain? Well, it turns out it was just a funny coincidence. He had got a call about cutting up a big cherry log and he thought that it was the one I got. I still need to make a trip down there and give him some grief about that  ;D

LOL........Don't be thieven logs from my side of the mountain.   :D

I got luck this weekend also.  Had a guy bring me 2 giant (10' long 32" wide) pecan logs.  I sawed them on the halves.  Only hit 4 nails but man did they make some pretty lumber.  Pics to follow.....

2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

CalebL

Quote from: Larry on February 18, 2013, 01:10:15 PM
Looks like good cherry to me :).  Of course I think all cherry is good.

If you can put your foot in the crotch it is a "U" crotch and won't have ingrown bark.  Chances of figure also go way up.

That log looks like it may have been poached from my side of the mountain.  I understand the best cherry is on Caleb's side. :D :D

Hey, you stay off my side also.......Unless we all get together this summer.........Maybe we need to plan something.  I should be finished with the new shop by then.  How about it?
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

WDH

If there is more cherry like that on that mountain, then I am coming, too  ;D.

hackberry jake

Caleb, a get together sounds great. I told you to call me if you needed help on the shop. And if someone brought me some giant pecan logs I would have to slap the taste out of their mouth  :D. Wdh, I have the same plans for the cherry that I have for all of he lumber I saw... HOARD IT! Hi my name is jake and I have a lumber hoarding problem. (all the voices from the forestry forum) "HI JAKE"
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

We may have to put an "awesome wood" quota on you to prevent you from posting awesome wood on the Forum more than once per day  :D.  It is rough on us normal people ;D.

Just kidding!  As a fellow hoarder, I can see that you will soon run out of room  :-\.

hackberry jake

do you guys see that osage orange/bodark log laying behind the mill in the second to last pic? Well, I put that there on purpose just in case I ever forget to raise my back stops before I turn the log. There are a bunch of hydraulic hoses down there and I don't want a log falling on them... Hey... Stop laughing! I don't know why you guys don't believe me  :D 8) :D

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Larry

Quote from: CalebL on February 18, 2013, 09:31:14 PM
Hey, you stay off my side also.......Unless we all get together this summer.........Maybe we need to plan something.  I should be finished with the new shop by then.  How about it?

Sounds like a great idea to me.  I'm in. :)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

pineywoods

Quote from: hackberry jake on February 18, 2013, 11:06:11 PM
do you guys see that osage orange/bodark log laying behind the mill in the second to last pic? Well, I put that there on purpose just in case I ever forget to raise my back stops before I turn the log. There are a bunch of hydraulic hoses down there and I don't want a log falling on them... Hey... Stop laughing! I don't know why you guys don't believe me  :D 8) :D

Hhmmm, I just wonder if Jake done tossed a log over the backstops with his newly installed hydraulics, and THAT's why that bodock log is there  ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

hackberry jake

Thank You Sponsors!