iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My first foreign object!

Started by ND rancher, February 08, 2013, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ND rancher

This is what I found when I was giving a new 7° a trial run. I could tell something was wrong, just not sure what, until I pulled the board off. Started digging and found this. It's not mine! I do not like FO's! The 7° was working real good on that ash until smiley_smash. I think I was on the third ash log when this happened.  Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Jeff

Hitting one of those is usually worse then hitting a nail.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mountain State Farm

That sawdust bug bit me in the ...

ND rancher

beenthere

I sunk one of those into a tree this past hunting season. A 2" elm that at 30 yards, I'm sure I didn't even know it was my side of the deer.
Couldn't believe it when that deer walked away, as I heard the "smack" loud and clear. The carbon arrow had compression failures along it so it ended up to be a $30 loss with no meat.  :(
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hackberry jake

Where's the aluminum insert? Maybe the culprit unscrewed it after he pulled the shaft off of it.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Chuck White

I hit an Iron Wood tree once, years ago when bow hunting.

Couldn't pull it out, so I unscrewed the shaft and went on my way.

So far, I haven't hit a broadhead with my mill, but there's always next summer!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

I have had the misfortune of missing the intended target a few times, one had to unscrew, the other swelled at the insert and the shaft bounced back. vise grips an pry bar got them back,  I guess hitting this with the blade is better than the palm of your hand, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

redbeard

Wonder if anyone has ever hit a old stone arrow head.  I bet that made a bit of a racket when you hit that arrow head ND rancher.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

ND rancher

Boy if I hit one of those! :o It could happen . We have trees that have been here for hundreds of years!

This is a small one! If you check the rings in the oaks you realize just how long it takes to grow trees here!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Where did you get that "TEENY TINY" chainsaw?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ND rancher

POSTON WIDEHEAD

isawlogs

Well the one in the background to the right of the tree stand sure ain't no twigg either  :D   I have yet to hit anything arrow like yet ... and I could do with out for a while too.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

customsawyer

Is it just me or is that saw trembling a bit. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on February 09, 2013, 09:25:34 PM
Is it just me or is that saw trembling a bit. :D

No...it not you......it's trembling.  :D

terrifictimbersllc

Wouldn't mind a little saw I could hang on my key chain where'd you get it?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

rooster 58

Hey ND, what kind of tree is that? Would that be a Cottonwood?

isawlogs

Thats the size of trees Danny and Jake love to play with, specialy Danny.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ND rancher

Rooster, You are correct! smiley_clapping

hamish

Mine was a horsehoe, quite a shock finding in the near center of the tree.  Horseshoe 1 Millband 0.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Thank You Sponsors!