iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wooden Boxes

Started by Jeff, February 08, 2013, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

In another topic, I had posted a photo of our little scooter dog dead ended behind our sofa, and in the picture was part of a dynamite box. Doctorb asked what it was doing there, so I figured I would just start a new topic and show him.  :)

Our decorating tastes are probably different than most. We have very little actual accessory furniture, and use other things instead. Mostly wooden boxes, and mostly Dynamite boxes. some are blasting cap boxes, axe head boxes and some other assorted. I have a sawyer's cracker box under the television to stow video game stuff. It said Sawyer on it, so I claimed it. :)  Since I didn't want to take the photo's again, I dusted after I looked at these, and posted these anyhow. :D

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LAZERDAN

Yep   I heard JJ Walker decorates with boxes too,  But his say Dy-No-Mite !  an dat goes way back.   ha ha

doctorb

Many of those boxes look quite nicely constructed.  Are they made of Box Elder?   ;)
Thanks for the tour!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

thecfarm

You have some nice stuff.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

Jeff, Nice box collection furniture ,  our decorating tastes run about the same !!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I love old wooden boxes but the catch to me liking them is that they must have the print on them from the old days. And it appears you have some very nice "jewels" when it comes to antique boxes.
Very nice collection Jeff and Wildflower.  smiley_thumbsup

Which box has the most history?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

I do have a dynamite box that is marked logging.  I also like the old kelly axe head boxes I have. I don't know any specific history on any of them.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Every time I look at the pics, I see something new.

I never knew DUPONT made blasting caps.  say_what

And a box Embalming fluid came in?  :D That's cool.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

I like the hickory table and the cedar lamp base  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tree Feller

That lamp base in the next-to-last pic really caught my eye. Nice.

I also like the boxes. That's mhy kind of decor.   ;D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Jeff

The lamp base is actually spruce. Sprucebunny made the lamp for Tammy and I several years ago.  :)

Morewood

Nice ! I really like the " Hercules Powder Company "  , HPC , since I am an former employee . The Du-pont blasting cap can may be the oldest . Hercules was formed when the goverment made Du-pont break up around 1910 . Hercules has since been bought by Ashland . Thanks for posting the photos .
2008 Cooks AC3651 perkins diesel , JD 310C w/forks and thumb , International 8000 Dump truck , 16 ton trailer , and all the accessories .

kderby

I like old boxes as well.  Before cardboard what did they use?  WOOD! 

I have a genuine "Soap Box" and a Tinned Beef company box that used my last name.

Our household decor, including boxes, is quite similar.

Kderby

Okrafarmer

I forgot to tell Loggah, but a long time ago, maybe 20 years or so ago, my dad was rummaging at a yard sale and found a wooden box with old stenciling on the side that said Lombard Tractor Company, Waterville, Maine. (or similar wording, it was from Lombard). He bought it for a dollar and sold it for a lot more.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

loggah

Wish i could have got my hands on that !!! i'm suprised you didn't keep it !!!! could have said Lombard traction engine co.Waterville Me. or Lombard steam log hauler co. Waterville Me.  ,they modified their name a few times !!! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Okrafarmer

Well, my dad liked to see what kind of return he could make off yardsale finds, so that explains his motive. Plus we never had a whole lot of money. He probably advertised it in Uncle Henry under antiques, so if you were looking at UH at the time, you would have had a chance to see the ad.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

loggah

i used to read Uncle Henrys a lot and i even ran a add looking for lombard stuff, but never got anything out of it ! cant fault a guy for trying to make a buck !!! ;D ;D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: loggah on April 07, 2013, 08:33:38 AM
i used to read Uncle Henrys a lot and i even ran a add looking for lombard stuff, but never got anything out of it ! cant fault a guy for trying to make a buck !!! ;D ;D

I still do, a lot of stuff in Uncle Henrys :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Brad_bb

Where do you get those boxes Jeff?
Also, I've got one of those brush attachments for the vacuum wand.  I don't have a filtration system in my farm house, so dust is more of a problem than those houses with central heat with a filter.  So mine gets about like yours, and then I use the brush attachment and it works great.

By the way, is that skynet central for the Forestry Forum? 
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

slider

Nice box collection .Check this out I've had it for years

al glenn

WDH

Reminds me of Wil-E-Coyote (Fashimus fashimus)  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: slider on April 09, 2013, 07:01:46 AM
Nice box collection .Check this out I've had it for years

Awesome.  I've always wanted one of those. :)

thecfarm

You know I am very glad my 14 year old grandson has never seen the Road Runner and Wil-E Coyota perform. That kid comes up with some "great" ideas on doing things and building things.   :D  I been telling him for years when he gets his own place,we are going to be doing some building and playing. He just keeps telling me he's going to live with me.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

If that Blasting box was used by the "ROADRUNNER" it would have ACME lettered on it !!! ;D ;D i got one of the little brass 10 cap machines !! Don

WDH

Yes!   :D :D :D :D

(Maybe it is labeled on the backside). 

Thank You Sponsors!