iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BLIZZARD 2013

Started by bull, February 08, 2013, 07:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

BRING IT ON WE'RE READY !!!!!  prediction here is for 2+ feet with wind gusts up to 70 mph  snowing 1-3 inches per hour after 9 pm !!!
Sterling Mass.......

WH_Conley

You can have my part of it. If I start to complain about our rain and mud I will just look at some pictures of your neck of the woods.
Bill

thecfarm

Looks like that way down by the coast in Maine. Where I am maybe a 12-18 inches. We will see, As I said,stay tuned!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rooster 58

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I'm hoping to go to Jersey soon to help with Sandy cleanup. That will delay things for sure, as if they havn't been already :snowball:

bull

nothing to plow yet 1/2 inch wind has kept my driveway fairly clear....
4p state of emergency all roads are closed to non exempt traffic !!

lineguy82

When the wire fall down the lineman come to town. 4 of my buddies just left to battle nemo. i hope it doesnt get to bad for yall out east. i've been that way about half a dozen times in the last couple of years to get the lights back on. This one looks like it could be epic :o
95 chevy 4x4
Husky 562xp
Hardy H5
22T Countyline Splitter
...and hopefully a sawmill when the wife finishes college

woodmills1

4 wheel drive dump, 9 foot plow with a load of logs on
4 wheel drive Cat 416B backhoe
6 foot snow blower behind 40 horse Kioti
bring it on
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Delawhere Jack

I saw a convoy of electric utility trucks headed north on I-95 this afternoon, I think they were from Virginia.

sprucebunny

Ya, woodmills, I'm not ascared , either  ;D
The more the merrier in my book !

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Peter Drouin

4p state of emergency all roads are closed to non exempt traffic !!

I don't think much of that, If I want to go somewhere Im going, when the snow gets 5 ' or 6' deep in the road Ill stay home :D :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Nice rig you have there Sprucebunny!

Got up this morning and had about 3 inches in the driveway, so I went down to help my brother hang more sap line!

When I got home, 4:00pm, there was 8 inches of snow in the driveway, so I went out and cranked up the snowblower and took care of it.

Around 8:00pm we had another 4 inches or so, so I went out and took care of that, and now at 10:40pm, there is another 2 inches.

Well, it's waiting until morning, 'cause I've had it with outdoors for one day!

Up at my brothers, there's about 16 inches of snow we have to travel through to hang sap line, so next trip up there, we'll have to use a tractor and trailer to haul stuff.

We'll have to wait and see what we have here in the morning.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

woodmills1

woke around 2 AM, and some 12+ with 2 to 3 foot drifts
drove the dump truck around for about an hour
things look good now around 7
lotta blowing and drifting
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

thecfarm

I might of got a foot of snow. The wind is still blowing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Roger2561

My avatar shows what I use to clear my yard.  That's 40hp JD 4x4 with heated cab and an Erskine 721 (6 feet wide) front mount snow blower.  It'll take me about 15 minutes to clear my 200ft long drive.  Usually it takes 10 minutes but with the drifts I'll have to slow the ground speed down a bit. 

Keep the OWB stoked and stay inside where it's warm.

Roger 
Roger

wheelinguy

A little surprised by how little snow we got.  Maybe 10" and most of that came from a different storm yesterday.  These past few winters have been pretty weak around here as far as snowfall goes.  Last year I bought a tractor to move snowbanks when I run out of room to push it, haven't even put the chains on this year and never used it for snow last year! Its still handy for so many other things though.  It will take me about 45 minutes to clear my driveway with the plow.  8'6" plow on my 2009 Ram crew cab, Cummins powered!

Dave Shepard

At least a foot here, but hard to tell exactly with the drifting. Going to put the bucket on Max (CaseIH 5250 with cab and heat  ;D ), and clean out around the farm.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Sprucebunny brought one of those to the pigroast one year! Honest!

We got a taste here of the storm, before it merged with the one from the south.  We got over a foot. We had lost all of our snow, but we have plenty now. Never had any blizzard conditions, just 1-2 inches of snow per hour. Had my workout yesterday morning clearing snow. Its looks beautiful and sunny out this morning, but I had enough of being out there yesterday! :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

Had 14" here , no problems, but I did get all of my fire wood cut , split and stacked next to the wood shed,before the storm all 8 cord for next winter.in aug it will go in 8) 8) :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Holmes

I measured 7 locations in the yard, in Lunenburg, average 19". Just spent 1.5 hr with the 40" snow blower ,we can get out but I still need to finish up the end of the driveway.  Drifts are 2.5 to  3' in the driveway.
Think like a farmer.

woodmills1

we probably got 2 foot
some drifts were huge
non of it was light and fluffy
the snowblower will eat just about anything
the cape in massachusetts is still getting pounded

shinnlinger

only 8 or so inches here but it is windy and the snow was packed pretty good so I had to do some cleanup passes...
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

loggah

About the same here 6"-8" not much of a northern storm.  :laugh:
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

bull

plowed from 7 pm Friday start of storm   3-5 inch drift bans spaced 1-2 feet apart across all roads what a strange ride plowing until 4pm Saturday when the the governor released the insane from the asylum......  then it became a [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] show !! The driving ban was the best Idea any governor ever had....  Finally a State of Emergency !!!  We were able to complete all major snow removal within 24 hours !! all roads were passable and safe !!  Yes there is still cleanup, side walks, parking lots and Piles !! But if there had been traffic we would still be at it full bore......Not one storm related call for Police,fire,ems...... a few complaints about drifting...... " the best calls were call about impassable roads during the driving ban!!  slept from 5pm-4am this morning  back out for the clean up and private plowing  4pm all I have left is the home front !!

woodmills1

hit a log in my yard with the plow truck
dented bad my side box, but more so
drove enough wood into the bud wheel to flatten the ouside tire
dug out the wood and the tire is fine.........nice nice

sprucebunny

My plow truck at my woodlot north of Berlin wouldn't start...it also wouldn't stop cranking even with the key out of the ignition  :o Smoke got out of the starter solenoid. Oh well. There was only 8" of snow there. Packed the driveway and moved the roadside berm with my J5.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!