iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cutting wood after the storm..........

Started by Woodhauler, February 08, 2013, 04:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Snowstorm may be a few days getting back to cutting after the storm!!! HE contract plows the town of searsmont maine! :o
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

deastman

I think snowstorm is gonna be very busy this weekend!!
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

bull

We are in the 2 + foot zone, equipment is fueled,greased, and ready to roll,let the pennies from heaven fall !!!!! 40 hours of plowing here I come !!

Ed_K

Ed K

JDeere

Quote from: Woodhauler on February 08, 2013, 04:37:11 AM
Snowstorm may be a few days getting back to cutting after the storm!!! HE contract plows the town of searsmont maine! :o
I guess it's true, "the rich just get richer."
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

snowstorm

Quote from: JDeere on February 08, 2013, 07:33:12 PM
Quote from: Woodhauler on February 08, 2013, 04:37:11 AM
I guess it's true, "the rich just get richer."
i didnt know i was rich

Woodhauler

I talked to him this am, lots of crazys on the roads last nite! Wild nite for sure!!!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

rick f

I'll bet it was hard sledding for him last night. I'll bet the plows are all shined up by now. Hope he has a safe day and stays in the road. ;D
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

shinnlinger

My cousin lives in Searsmont...  here is the scene from his living room
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

thecfarm

I use to work just about an hour from here. I got out at 6:30 at night and headed home.  ::)  I had no idea the ride I was in for. I knew I was in trouble when on the main road there was only 3 cars in front of me and they started to turn off onto other roads and meeting very few and none coming up behind me. I knew I was in trouble when no one was in sight. Everything was white.Than I met a road grader plowing the roads. That does not happen in this area unless things are real bad. I got on my road and had to remember what side of the roads the light poles were on to get up the road. I don't think I got the truck into 3rd gear all the way home,25mph turned a 1 hour drive into more than a 2 hour drive.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Al_Smith

I'm thinking the best thing you folks can do who do not need to out in it is to stay in out of it .

snowstorm

the friday storm was easy did blow a ft tire on the 550. even got to sleep a few hrs. left at 12 am. didnt seem to bad except i got lost . snowing 3" per hr 45mph wind . at times i couldnt see the plow. thats being lost cant tell were you are so you stop hope your still in the road and hope the wind backs off for a min then go some more. at 2am i see a guy out walking. hr later i see lights where there shouldnt be any. 2 small suv's off on the wrong side of the road. so i stop one is drunker than a hoot owl. demands i pull him out. nope not doing it. so he says give me a ride. to the end of the road he says. it was another 2 miles to where i turn around. so i called the law "hey i got an oui for you if you want it" so i come down to where they are one is standing there with his thumb out. i upshifted one gear an give her sum. left him in the snow dust. then i see footprints in the road. for 1.5 miles one side of the road to the other down over the snowbank into the woods back into the road. half excepted to see someone roll off the end of the wing. never did see him. cops must get a bonus for oui's. he called me 4 times wanting to know if they were still there and when could i plow in so he could nab em. i used the ih never missed a beat. 12am till 6pm. snowfall 2to2.5'. a couple dirt rds i couldnt get to till noon. when that 11' dustpan is rolling 2.5' of snow over the top of the left side its deep. start over in the morning and hope the wind goes down

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lumberjack48

I was always out in the big blizzards driving around checking on people.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

only breakdown 1 tire. guy that plows the other side of town. lost the clutch in 1 put one in the ditch. i didnt see it but they had a big wrecker to get it back in the rd. one more was off up on the ridge. when i saw it the snow was level with the hood. next town had one on its roof. its that guys first yr. i heard that the state pulled there drivers off the rd early am. said it was to dangerous and they had 1 truck off in the ditch

shinnlinger

You guys know Terry or Walter Lamont?  Ben Ford?
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

snowstorm

Quote from: shinnlinger on February 09, 2013, 07:29:05 PM
You guys know Terry or Walter Lamont?  Ben Ford?
i hauled wood for walter many yrs ago . ben no

Ed_K

Snowstorm,I know that feeling of "can't see the hood,where's the road"
We did ok here in leyden, only broke wiper blade at the base on the freightliner,drilled couple holes and wired it with baling wire and good to go,I run the 550 ford had snow coming off both sides and over the top on a few drifts.No cars on the road till noon yesterday,saw one prv plow truck and one guy walking 11:00 at night.
They declared a state of emergency which makes life a lot better with no one driveing around,police chief said $500. fine if caught  :o .I listen to county emergency and other towns were quite busy with dui's.
Ed K

lumberjack48

I went out in a snow storm when they had the $500. fine if you got caught on the road. It was pretty bad the snow was coming up around the motor shorting the plugs out. So i'd stop about every mile and clean it out. I should have had a piece of canvas to hook to the front bumper. About a 4' by 4' piece, i used this when going though deep water to.
  I'm driving along and go around curve, and who's setting in the road, a deputy Sheriff. I drove up to him, i knew him by name, he was a happy camper, he said, boy am i glad to see you. His 4x4 Dodge was stone dead and he was getting cold, 50 miles from the station. I popped the hood, snow was packed solid in the engine compartment. I though jumper cables on and told him to get in my pickup to get warmed up while i cleaned the snow out. After i got it all cleaned out, he gave it a try, nothing, head lights worked so i knew we had power. The solenoid on the starter wasn't working, so i took a screwdriver and jumped it, started right up. So i got him on his way to Grand Rapids, he never said nothing about getting a fine
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

snowstorm

Quote from: Ed_K on February 10, 2013, 01:57:04 PM
Snowstorm,I know that feeling of "can't see the hood,where's the road"
We did ok here in leyden, only broke wiper blade at the base on the freightliner,drilled couple holes and wired it with baling wire and good to go,I run the 550 ford had snow coming off both sides and over the top on a few drifts.No cars on the road till noon yesterday,saw one prv plow truck and one guy walking 11:00 at night.
They declared a state of emergency which makes life a lot better with no one driveing around,police chief said $500. fine if caught  :o .I listen to county emergency and other towns were quite busy with dui's.
what do they have for plows on the 550?

Maine372

I pulled a 550 ford town plow out of the ditch on the way to work at 4 Saturday morning. tried to turn around at the town line and found the ditch. I had tire chains on three of four tires so it didn't even argue with me.

Ed_K

9' Fisher MC, Snowstorm do you have problems with snow getting up in the air box? I'm running a grain bag inside the hood on rt side.
Ed K

snowstorm

Quote from: Ed_K on February 11, 2013, 07:53:51 PM
9' Fisher, Snowstorm do you have problems with snow getting up in the air box? I'm running a grain bag inside the hood on rt side.
yes if the snow is dry. then it trips the light on the dash. i have frink plows on 2 trucks. the 550 has a 9' poly and 9 wing. also have 2 fisher 1/2 hour mount. i know they call them a min. mount there not most of the time.

snowstorm

i heard more today about the plow truck that went off the rd in the big snow. its his first year. dose the next town to the south of here. seems there was a pickup out plowing driveways . when he saw the other truck he stoped only problem was he didnt know he was on the wrong side of the rd. so the guy plowing the rd goes by well no rd there down over the bank he goes. f350 ford deisel ends up on its roof and they cant shut the motor off. motor ran upside down till it ground to a halt

Thank You Sponsors!