iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Helping out a friend

Started by rick f, February 03, 2013, 09:18:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick f

We all got together to help a friend with his firewood for next year.

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

r.man

Always good to help a friend.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

samandothers

Not only helped him but I am sure it was great fellowship.

WH_Conley

We have a fellow here that was almost killed in a logging accident a couple of years ago. His brother bring in cutoffs from his log job and I take a few bundles of slabs. One Saturday the community will gather in and Cut, split and stack his winter's wood. Bonds the whole community together.
Bill

thecfarm

That is quite the crew. My Father would of said,many hands make light work. I know you all had a good time. My brothers and me use to do wood together years ago. We all had a good time together.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rick f

Many hands do make for light work. A very good time was had, alot of laughs. A couple of ladies from town made coffee cake , the other made fresh homemade sugar donuts.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

thecfarm

I would of showed up for the donuts!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rooster 58

I would have brought the coffee ;D

Autocar

Thats great you guys do that ,it's alot more fun to cut wood with a bunch of friends.
Bill

coxy

ya i was told if u help me do mine ill help u do yours well im still waiting the worst thing is i gave them the wood it was a loose loose for me  >:( >:( >:( >:(

rick f

This friend and I work together all the time. He just had prostrate surgury 2 weeks ago.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

clww

What a great deed for your friend. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Logging logginglogging

Always liked this saying: Many hands make light work... my mother always said that.

That Clark looks pretty old... what year is it?

rick f

664 clark about 66-67  3-53 auto and gearmatic 19
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

proteus

I guess there is 'MORE HAPPINESS IN GIVING THAN RECEIVING'. I know it makes me feel good. 8) 8) 8)
Greg

rick f

Quote from: proteus on February 04, 2013, 05:28:15 PM
I guess there is 'MORE HAPPINESS IN GIVING THAN RECEIVING'. I know it makes me feel good. 8) 8) 8)

You got that right
I have a small carpentry/ construction business. The worst part is giving someone a bill, if I didn't have to I'd charge alot less that's for sure.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Al_Smith

You get a crowd together you can make a lot of wood in a short period of time .Don't get into the beer until the saws are put away . ;)

Logging logginglogging

Quote from: rick f on February 04, 2013, 03:21:29 PM

Its in darn good shape...

rick f

Quote from: Logging logginglogging on February 05, 2013, 09:00:34 AM
Quote from: rick f on February 04, 2013, 03:21:29 PM

Its in darn good shape...
I put the tires on front last year before we started cutting in January.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Atlantic Trader

rick
That is agreat story too bad there isnt more kindness out there...

justallan1

A great thread and a great thing to do.

rick f

Thank you guys.  We just try to help if we can. I asked a lady we helped last year if she was burning wood this winter( she is alone now as her husband is in a nursing home). She said she was so I asked about wood for next year, she said oh no I'm going to pay for it. I said well see, I've told some of the guys we have 2 cord to get for her, they smiled and said set the date.

Help someone out , it's a great feeling. Sometimes it doesn't even take that much time.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
5040 kubota farm tractor

Sonofman

There is an older couple in my church that I supply all the firewood they need. There is another younger couple that the husband works so much he can not get as much as they need, so I usually help them out some, also.
Located due west of Due West.

WH_Conley

I have a neighbor on one side of me that is in his 70's. He gets around good and will do anything in the world for his neighbors. His wife broke her hip and he has to stay close. He wanted to buy wood off me, needed 3 pickup loads. He was still trying to get his wallet out of his pocket as I drove off. The neighbor on the other side is a widow woman. She burns about 4 loads a winter, it comes from my place too. Her money isn't any good around here.

If you can't help your neighbors now, then you don't really have a right to expect anyone to help you later on when you need it.
Bill

thecfarm

I have an Aunt like that. Everything I do for her she insists on paying for my time or whatever I give her. She always insist I take it.  ::)  And we just about have a fight everytime. I tell her I will take your money,but I will never do or give you anything again. That ends it right there,but I can tell she is not happy that I won.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!