iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Mantle

Started by Paper Maker, January 10, 2013, 09:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paper Maker

I thought I would show a couple of pics of the mantle my dad and I built my wife for her Christmas present. 

WDH

Very well done!  The parallel grain on the red oak on the front edge of the top of the mantle is perfect for the piece.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Magicman

That is very nice indeed.  I am sure that all three of you are proud of that project.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jueston

beautiful work, it really goes well along with the brick on the fireplace.

Bogue Chitto

Lud

Nice!  How did you choose to attach it? ???
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

beenthere

Looks great.
What was there before?  a before pic available?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buck

Papermaker=mantlemaker. Nice!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Paper Maker

There was a old mantle made from black walnut that had twisted at one end. It was held up by two 1/2 inch bolts that stuck out about 6 inches from the brick. I took my sawsall and cut down both sides of the bolts and just used them to hold the new mantle up.
  Thanks for all the nice comments from everyone. Its a nice feeling when you cut the tree down and saw up the lumber and then make something out of it.   Marcus

isawlogs

Nice father and son project, looks good. Will look really good with some of those Christmas stockings hooked to it too!!!   8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

samandothers

I really like the new mantle coming to the hearth versus the slab.  Nice job.

jamesamd

Very nice.The selection of boards/grain really define the structure.
Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

That looks good. I see someone raised the fireplace up some. I did the same with mine,it is 6 bricks high. But for some dumb reason I went with a piece of granite for a mantel.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Woodey

I like your Mantle. You did a good job.
WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

Ron Scott

~Ron

Jemclimber

Very nice, the corbels have a nice shape as well.
lt15

GeorgeK

George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

justallan1

Thank You Sponsors!