mesquite buckeye

What tree am I?    ;D

As found.

Sequential cuts.  Cut #1

Cut #2

Cut #3

Cut #4

Cut #5
I laugh at your puny attempts to identify me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :snowfight1: dadgum you, Charlie!

Cut #6

??? ??? ??? ???

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

Closeups of the wood.

Cross section, this cut is about 1/2 inch thick.

Closeup longitudinal section showing rays. Rays about 1mm wide.

giant splinter

roll with it

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: giant splinter on February 03, 2013, 01:06:15 PM
Ironwood

Not ironwood. Desert ironwood is gold to dark brown when fresh cut, darkening to a deep chocolate.

smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_bounce smiley_flipping fly_smiley sling_shot smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bouncing_pinky

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

mesquite buckeye

Clue #1: another closeup.

Now it should be easy....

:snowfight1: dadgum you, Charlie! smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

smiley_gossip smiley_gossip smiley_gossip teeter_totter pinkie_invert splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on February 03, 2013, 11:28:17 PM
Sycamore. Or less.

Or maybe another siguaro?

Wondering when you would show up okra.  It does have the look of sycamore in the rays, but these are much smaller.   No esta una saguaro. ;D

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Okrafarmer on February 03, 2013, 11:40:40 PM
Driftwood.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Very funny, but found above the flood plain on dry land. ;D

Jay C. White Cloud

"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 04, 2013, 12:04:11 AM
Family: Salicaceae

Populus deltoides

???

Not in that family. Does look a bit like it though....... ;D ;D ;D

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Okrafarmer

mesquite buckeye

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

mesquite buckeye

Okrafarmer

Jay C. White Cloud

No, brother "Okra", he said not maple, I thought that it look like a possible Acer too... ;)
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

mesquite buckeye

Good call Jay. Box elder is a maple.

Keep them coming. Getting boring at this end.     ;D ;D ;D

popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley

mesquite buckeye

Clue #2

Look carefully at cut #3 and Clue #1.

Jay C. White Cloud

Mesquite, you sneaky devil, that isn't Pistacia sp. of some type or in the Anacardiaceae family is it?  looks to light but some of it looks like it.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 04, 2013, 07:57:14 PM
Mesquite, you sneaky devil, that isn't Pistacia sp. of some type or in the Anacardiaceae family is it?  looks to light but some of it looks like it.

Not in that family.

Have a clue, but don't want to use it, probably would give you an unfair advantage. ;D ;D ;D

popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley popcorn_smiley

Jay C. White Cloud

I'm going to need some info:

Is the wood color washed out from a soak in water and sun?

Is this indigenous to your region?

Max. size for species?

regards,  jay

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on February 04, 2013, 08:18:36 PM
I'm going to need some info:

Is the wood color washed out from a soak in water and sun?

Is this indigenous to your region?

Max. size for species?

regards,  jay

These would qualify as clues, methinks.

Clue #3:  The piece was weathered, so the darkening of the sapwood is from that.  Otherwise the color is mostly normal.

Clue #4: Native to my region.

Clue #5: 20-25 feet. Usually smaller.

Thank You Sponsors!