iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My logging partner

Started by Bill_G, February 02, 2013, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_G

thecfarm

looks like he's trying to keep warm too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

took me a few  :-[  thats cool

mills

You need to invite him over for supper.  :)

HiTech

The creatures of Mother Nature are something. lol Nice pic.

rick f

Aflac commercial coming soon for that bird. 8)
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

g_man

At first I thought that was a big boll on the little tree and you were talking about your saw. Then I took a closer look. He does look proud. That is neat.

roger 4400

A few years ago I had a male partridge that did the same thing. But once he attacked me and even took my hat away.....I was an intruder in HIS territory, he did not mind that I was paying the taxes :D. During 2 years he still attacked me, twice I cought him with my coat........he was still attacking me .I knew the limits of his territory and when I was in, he was comming for me. He just could not tolerate the muffler noise of my Honda Foreman atv that look like the noise male are doing when slapping their wings on their chest, while running the bike he was ftying by me a few feet away. One winter I found many feathers in his territory, an eagle or other bird got my ""friend""  :(....So just take care for your eyes otherwise they are great to make you know that your are trespassing in your own land:D. Roger
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

chevytaHOE5674

They have to be one of the dumbest animals in the woods. I've hit them with rocks before and they don't fly away. Heck two years ago I tossed a stick off a fence line I was riding and hit a partridge in the neck and killed it. Probably the only thing in the woods you can get close enough on a 4 wheeler to hit with a stick.

thenorthman

We got Grouse out here that I have shoot the same arrow at one bird 5-6 times before I finally lost the arrow, and my cousin shoot at one with an 06' 4 times from 20 feet a way before he realized his sights were set at 500yds.  You'd think I would start carrying a shotgun for em but its just to much fun to throw rocks at em until you scare em to death, and they taste like chicken so... I've seen guys trying to catch em by hand, but it seems like you can get within about 10' of em before they dart into the brush...

by the way yer picture I thought it was a bees nest you were next to had to take a closer look...
well that didn't work

JuniperBoss

Sage hens are killable with a rock. Seems like a lot of tasty birds are dumb or can't fly well.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

lumberjack48

The winter of 1970 when we stayed in camp up at Locater Lake Trail, on Kabetogama Lake, Partridge set on the steps of the shack. They were like chickens, i'd have to chase-em out of the way. Put it this way supper was always close by. Its pretty bad, we got to be friends, they waited for any scraps we had left over.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

thecfarm

I forgot about the one that was on the edge of the road on the way home the other day. I moved over into the the other lane when I realizied what it was.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!