iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I JUST BOUGHT THE MILL

Started by m wood, February 02, 2013, 06:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m wood

WOO HOO. was planning on waitin another week for my connection to get ahold an Amish gentleman to my south, but decided to go for a drive in the snow and knock on some doors.  I owe thecol bigtime. I am sure The colonel, a ff member, wouldnt mind my name dropping here.  Thanks again man for the tip.  Got ourselves a norwood mark 4 with 20' track, axle and wheels (flat), tow boards and rollers and 10 xtra blades. really good shape, maybe 2 truckloads of logs put thru it, he said.  i will bring home in a couple weeks on a flatbed.  I know, I know...pics are downloading from phone to email on another screen as I type this.  I swear I will figure out the picture thing tonight.

Oh, we are so excited!! ;D
I'm here to stay :D
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Nomad

Congrats on the new to you mill!  Norwood makes a really nice machine. 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

drobertson

Happy for your mwood.  It will soon be on, and then the fun begins! 8)
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Congrats on the new mill Mark.

I'm sure you'll love it.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I'm excited too!!!!
As soon as you get the pictures done click onto Logrite on the left and get a cant dog or peavey. Than take pictures of the Logrite too.   ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

smiley_beertoast   smiley_guitarist smiley_trap_drummer   smiley_beertoast
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

m wood

I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Tree Feller

Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

dgdrls

Excellent m wood, 

looks like a dandy mill

let the sawing begin!!

DGDrls

red oaks lumber

put some air in the tire!!!  ;)
nice looking mill, the first pic you must have been real excited :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Skoalbandit78

Good for you m wood. Looks like you have a good place to keep it out of the weather. I got me a Norwood last month, but the weather has been so cold and sloppy I haven't got to use it very much. I wish I had a place like you have to to get outta the weather. Happy milling!

sawwood

M Wood we have a Mark 4 with the Honda 23hp and 20' of rails. The Norwood is a tough
mill, don't ask me how i know. We have mill lots of lumber with no trouble outher then
own mistakes. Congrats on the new to you mill, you will have lots of fun making sawdust.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Ocklawahaboy

There are some design elements of that mill that I would prefer to my LT40.  I've just never seen one in FL. 

Congrats on the mill. 

Make much sawdust!

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

This is a wonderful development!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

schakey

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Magicman

Congratulation are in order for sure.   :)  Now it will be interesting for us to follow your sawing.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

justallan1

swampbuggy

SWEET! 8) Welcome to the nuthouse er...Family
If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

saxon0364

Well, no turning back now.  Your gonna love it. 8)
Nothing wrong with quiet.

Slingshot

Very good mill. Usta have one of em myself. Here is a video of how I
added power feed using a wheel chair motor and control box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImwGDHLBC_U

clww

Congratulations on your new mill. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!