iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Devil rode in on a truck. SOLD IT ALL TODAY.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, February 02, 2013, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My tree trimmer guy brought in a Pecan tree today. This 'Ol Ugly Thang came out of a yard where the home owner is getting ready for an addition on this home.

The tree is free and I am expecting a little metal some where in this booger.

I'm thinking Pecan Mantles. Anchor Seal the ends, stack and sticker and be done with it. I can all ways come back later and mill lumber from a mantle if a customer wants it.

Gonna use the 10° on this tree since it's green. It should saw pretty good.......but my goodness THIS THANG IS UG LEE.  :D

*********PLEASE .....no calls from Georgia or Florida  ;D *************
                      ***all others, operators are standing by***

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Cardius

I agree its ugly. :D But will look alot better after sawing.

wheelinguy

Crack that thing open and let's see the inside! Can't wait to see those pics.

woodmills1

when I am fishing there are some fish I throw back
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SPD748

I've been called ug-lee before however I think it was for a different reason  ;D

Can't wait to see what's inside!

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

Sawdust Lover

If it makes you feel better I usually have to pay for trees like that. I think it's beautiful! smiley_daisy

Tree Feller

Well, it makes good firewood and smoking wood.   

That is one butt-ugly log.   :D :D :D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

red oaks lumber

even being free it still is over priced :D i have some beautiful swamp land you might be interested in. ;D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 02, 2013, 09:49:43 PM
Don't drag me into this mess  :).

You were on my mind when the truck dumped it.  smiley_devil

WDH

It must have been from the Wheaties you ate this morning :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Ocklawahaboy

If that were offered to me, I'd see a portion for the fireplace, a portion for the smoker and that ugly crotch would be a slab for a mantle or coffee table, just like you said.  I can run through a hundred buks at the poker table faster then I can hit $100 worth of nails I bet.  Cutting wood is more fun too.

thecfarm

I could use a tree trimmer guy like that. You are real lucky to have a guy like that. I can use wood like that. All that wood would really help me out. I would not have to cut down my trees. I would like to save my trees.How did you get hooked up with a guy like that? I'm no where near as lucky as you. I have had some people drop off some wood for me. But never enough to keep my OWB going through the winter.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

It seems like ugly logs are really drawn to Poston ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 02, 2013, 03:41:08 PMThis 'Ol Ugly Thang came out of a yard where the home owner is getting ready for an addition on this home. :D
At least the home owner knew what to do with it.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Meadows Miller

That was to send it to someone else  ;) :D :D

Ifin you sent it to Danny you could have givin the driver the cd the Devil Went Down To Georgia and told him to play it loud when he hit his driveway  :) ;) :D :D

Dave it will saw up into something  :) ;) ;D ;D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

fishpharmer

I see some straight limb wood, at least four feet of it.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

And Pecan limb wood is a double devil.   smiley_devil smiley_devil
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

giant splinter

David
This load looks a lot better than the last "FREE" load you had that rolled down your driveway.
roll with it

captain_crunch

You folks back there use the word LOG kinda loosly don't you :P :P :P :P
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: captain_crunch on February 04, 2013, 12:08:42 PM

Now don't hollar at me C.C.  :D I never called this Pecan a log.....I said an UG LEE tree.  :D :D :D :D :D

But you are right. We do use the word log LOOSE LEE.  :D

captain_crunch

M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Meadows Miller

I dont know  :) :) :D :D :D ;D ;) I just say if its round wood n looks like a log ill have a crack at sawing something outa it  :) ;) :D ;D ;D 8)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

isawlogs

Quote from: captain_crunch on February 04, 2013, 12:08:42 PM

You beat me to this ...  :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!