iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what's a fair price

Started by trapper, January 30, 2013, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

I was out in the marsh trapping yesterday and had visitors from another area of the marsh. ( Horicon national wildlife refuge)  They saw the stakes I was using.  One of them is coming tomorrow and wants to order maybe 200 of them.  They are 3/4 x 1.1/2 basswood 8 ft long.  They like the basswood because it is so light.  We carry everything on foot or by canoe. It is my own wood do do not have to buy logs.  I made a couple hundred for a friend  in exchange for a paint job on my canoe but that was different (friend).  Want a fair price but dont want to overcharge them  because it may lead to more sales.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

red oaks lumber

my b.wood like that i sell for .98 cents / bf
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

trapper

guy stoped by this morning.  Told him $1 each which is in line with what ROL replyed with.  He told me He can get furing strips at menards for 67 cents.  Told hin I know. ;D He then said but these are so light and he wants 9 ft long. Needs to talk it over with his partner.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

red oaks lumber

if he wants 9' your price might have to go up, now your buying special lenght logs. :)

thecfarm

red oaks is right,he can't buy 9 footers at menards.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Red Oak Lumber's son may be able to get you a better price at Menard's.  ;D

( Just poking you Steve.  :) )
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

Easy Steve, don't let him have both barrels at the same time.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

red oaks lumber

i should reach out and slap you straight for that remark davey!first thing he's my daughters' boyfriend not my son, i think you should just go back to sleep :D

jake will you take care of the small stuff(david)?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I couldn't help it. Please forgive me and help all the little people down in Newguine.    :D

Thank You Sponsors!