iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Bowl party FOOD!!!

Started by rooster 58, January 25, 2013, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster 58

Well, next week is Super Bowl Sunday! I was wondering what everyone's fav foods were. As for me, If i see food I eat it ;) I was at a party last year and someone had a 'tritip' roast from a specialty market in Kane, pa. It was better than prime rib- to die for ;D
    The year before I made a turkey with all the trimmings. Yummmmm :)

sbishop

I'm firing up the smoker with a brisket, pork butt, beef and pork ribs!

Raider Bill

I'm mooching [free loading] off some Friends in Tenn! :) :) :)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ocklawahaboy

The quasi tradition here is smoke ribs, wings and turkey legs.  It's accompanied by beans with sausage and bacon, lees famous recipe cole slaw and corn bread.  Oh yeah, some barley and hops too.  The ladies drink wine.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

wildbill

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 26, 2013, 10:50:02 AM
I'm mooching [free loading] off some Friends in Tenn! :) :) :)

great, who am i going to mooch from if you are not in town?
Raider Bill's favorite son

blackfoot griz

We have an annual chili cookoff and have been doing it for 15 years or so. The winner gets prizes and a trophy.  Makes it fun. It used to be that the looser had to host the party the following year...but one lady, well let's just say, she needs to stay away from the chili pot! Her chili is a legend in a bad way!

rooster 58

Dave, as a Steeler fan I couldn't agree with you more. I love to hate the jailbirds, I mean ravens :snowball: bat_smailey

drobertson

It will be a build your own K-bob on the weber, laid on rice bed, venison, shrimp, chicken, and beef, with the usual peppers, shrooms, onion, and pinneaple and cherry tomatos.  Wings for a side snack, chips and dip.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thurlow

I gotta find out what this Supper Bowl thing is;  when I turned on the telly this morning to see what the weather person was guessing/lying about, the Bowl was a big topic of converstion.
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

WDH

I am planing to have Asian Chicken Wings and Pizza  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 01, 2013, 08:24:56 PM
I am planing to have Asian Chicken Wings and Pizza  ;D.

Makes good GAS.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

If you throw in some boiled peanuts (but no hulls on the floor)  :).

drobertson

And then someone had to mention boiled peanuts, thanks allot,  for a southern boy, in the Ozarks now this is torture,  no where can any be found around here :'(   WDH  do you have a recipe, one that's not a family secret, most folks are very tight lipped about the brine recipes,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

I just throw them in the pot of boiling water with a big handful of salt.  Check them after an hour or so for more salt.  After a couple of hours, they should be ready.  Some people throw pepper in there too, but I don't.

Magicman

Peanuts ain't what's boiling in Pat's pot.  First, she made a roux, then there was onions & celery.  Meanwhile sausage was cooking, chicken getting cut up, and I was peeling shrimp.  Then okra and some of her secret spices and rice to cook.  Yup, the Magic family will have GUMBO this evening. 

PatD just said that the Superbowl simply can not be played in New Orleans without someone having GUMBO....AMEN.    digin1 food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ocklawahaboy

The smoker outdid itsself this time.  Ribs, turkey legs and wings all came out great.
For accompanyment we had baked beans, corn bread and sweet tater cassarole (from scratch). 

Thank You Sponsors!