iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pistol Permit ?

Started by bama20a, January 25, 2013, 08:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama20a

We all have to face it the world is getting meaner, Being that I'm on the road so much & some of the places I have to go in, I'm going to start carring a pistol with me.
My question is. I know I can get a state permit,But are they such a thing as one that is good anywhere you are at in the states?
A fellow I know said his had a list on it with several diff-states listed,But if this ol' boy told me it was raining I'd have to go look myself. :D
so I guess what I'm needing to know.Are they such as an International permit ??
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

ely

you have to go by the laws of where you are. there is a publication that explains all the staes and provinces that reciprocate the carry laws where you obtain yours, im sure you can find it with a little research... i have one in my suburban, but its at home.

i only read it enough to be comfortable carrying in staes that i travel in.

WH_Conley

Your instructor should have the info on states that are reciprocity. There are still some differences on minor stuff even if they honor your state's permit. You are the one responsible to know the rules in each state you travel in.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When you get your concealed weapon permit, you should be given a list of states that recognize your states permit as legal to carry in another state.
As far as you being able to carry a weapon internationally......won't happen.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Raider Bill

I'd stay out of NY, NJ, if I was you while carrying.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

I ccan't recall anything I lost in either one of those places.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Texas Ranger

Stay out of Illinois, worse in the nation.  http://www.carryconcealed.net/
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

I have a concealed carry permit and still, I haven't gotten a firm answer even from Law Enforcement to the following question!

I have a concealed carry permit, now does that mean that I can carry concealed or that I have to carry concealed?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Texas Ranger

New York is strange, but, if it says concealed carry, it means concealed.  Why gamble?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

Quote from: Chuck White on January 25, 2013, 02:20:52 PM
I have a concealed carry permit and still, I haven't gotten a firm answer even from Law Enforcement to the following question!

I have a concealed carry permit, now does that mean that I can carry concealed or that I have to carry concealed?

You have to carry concealed. There is no open carry in NY. Our at least there wasn't and I can't see that ever changing.  :D

WH_Conley

I was told one time that if had concealed carry in Kentucky that you could not open carry. Ky is an open carry state. I asked about that and never received an answer.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on January 25, 2013, 02:20:52 PM

If you carry and your permit says concealed.....you HAVE to conceal (by law) or leave it at home.  ;D

chevytaHOE5674

Open carry in Michigan is legal with no permit. Concealed carry is legal with a concealed pistol license (CPL). Just because you have a CPL doesn't mean you have to conceal, in fact having your CPL allows you to open carry in places that would otherwise be off limits...

dutchman

This was discussed at hunting camp.
I think a Florida carry permit is honored in more states than any other.
The number of states is @ 40.
You can apply from anywhere.
The fee is @ $100.

beenthere

I'd heard that Utah was the best state, but further checking I found that same # as FLorida.

From this MN site.....
http://www.mntactics.com/reciprocity.html

QuoteIf you’d like to legally carry in more states than those that honor the Minnesota permit, your best options are to consider applying for permits from New Hampshire (which adds 7 more states beyond the Minnesota permit), Pennsylvania (which
adds 6 more states beyond the Minnesota Permit), Florida (which adds 11 more states) and/or Utah (which also adds 11 more states).  Below, we’ve shown which states can be added with those additional permits, along with a short explanation of
what it takes to apply for those permits. 

Note that the matrix below shows the states that you’ll add beyond those that recognize the Minnesota Permit.  For a full list of
states that recognize New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Florida and Utah, visit www.usacarry.com.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

trapper

Reading his newsletter my congressman Tom Petri from wi introduced a bill that if you have a concealed carry permit in your home state it has to be honered in all states that offer concealed carry permits.  Dont know how far it went.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Mooseherder

I've taken the concealed course and would like to mention what the instructor said many times.
Concealed means exactly that.  Accidental display is a no-no.  Don't go taking your jacket off in a restaurant and have your pistol go sliding across the floor.  At no time should anyone see your carry.
There are a lot of States that recognize and reciprocate your concealed carry.
A google search should have current information.  It probably changes every year.

Yoopersaw

Here you go.  Follow the links to find your answer.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Jeff

Just a quick reminder. Make sure this topic does not turn to gun control, so it can remain here.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Our church has started having CWP classes for the members. Gotta love dem Southern Baptist.

Raider Bill

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 26, 2013, 12:17:33 PM
Our church has started having CWP classes for the members. Gotta love dem Southern Baptist.

That's Great!

beenthere

Here is reference to an ad that the Milwaukee County Sherriff put out, for citizens to get gun training.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/wis-sheriff-urges-citizens-get-gun-training

Seems with cutbacks, he says you cannot count on calling 911 to get help quickly. Also you can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or fight back.

Makes sense to me.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Here is a LINK to some concealed carry holsters that look like cell phone pouches.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Good Link. They don't even look like holsters......but I guess that's the point.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!