iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberpro update...

Started by CTL logger, January 24, 2013, 06:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

Timberpro sent me some photos today the machine I ordered is being built this week supposed to be done next week I hope. 

Ken

Would they allow you or a representative to stay at the factory during the build?  It would be a great opportunity to see how everything goes together.  May come in handy when doing repairs later on.

Cheers
Ken
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Holmes

Is it to late to change the color :o? ;D? ;)?
Think like a farmer.

treefarmer87

good to see they got your order moving :) nice color too :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

CTL logger

Quote from: Holmes on January 24, 2013, 07:46:34 PM
Is it to late to change the color :o? ;D? ;)?
What's wrong with the color? And yes it is :D

rooster 58

Good luck with your new machine ;)

CTL logger

Here's another picture. 8)

Dom

Nice color!
Bogie box looks nice and beefy.

thecfarm

I don't think we have ever seen one being built before on the FF. Nice pictures.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

MDLogging

Who is the dealer your using?

CTL logger

It's finished and supposed to be shipped on monday  ::) hopefully it makes it to dealer by end of next week here's picture timberpro sent me. 

PAFaller

Is that just a forwarder or is that model capable of being the combi unit and running a head? I see in your signature you have a valmet with a Rolly II so I know you dont need another processor, just curious about what you got. What does in weigh in at empty and how wide is it? Always wondered how CTL would work in the hills of PA. Always thought a small forwarder would beat a skidder and make life easy, but then Im on sidehills where my 240 Jack gets squirrely and wonder how you would ever get at it with CTL equipment. Hopefully it works out well for you.
It ain't easy...

thecfarm

That looks almost as pretty as Magicman's daffodils.  ;D
I hope to see some action pictures?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CTL logger

Quote from: PAFaller on February 02, 2013, 05:20:12 PM
Is that just a forwarder or is that model capable of being the combi unit and running a head? I see in your signature you have a valmet with a Rolly II so I know you dont need another processor, just curious about what you got. What does in weigh in at empty and how wide is it? Always wondered how CTL would work in the hills of PA. Always thought a small forwarder would beat a skidder and make life easy, but then Im on sidehills where my 240 Jack gets squirrely and wonder how you would ever get at it with CTL equipment. Hopefully it works out well for you.

It's just going to be a forwarder I thought about it but I cut with the Rolly II and it's usually far enough ahead the forwarder runs full time. I've cut some pretty steep ground by steep I mean the 430 can't climb up it in places without pulling yourself , it's real fun picking it up. A guy that lives across the creek from me has a small timberjack forwarder he uses the skidder to bunck with and hauls everything out on his forwarder he works alone.

1270d

What?   No slide boom? Nice looking machine.  They get around the woods well, supprising for the size.

coxy

nice good luck with it how come there is a red one in the pic did thay give u an extra one for waiting so long   :D

CTL logger

Quote from: 1270d on February 02, 2013, 08:22:40 PM
What?   No slide boom? Nice looking machine.  They get around the woods well, supprising for the size.o
That is correct no squirt  boom didn't feel the six extra hoses and cylinder were worth 12k extra you can reach 360  around and 26 ft I don't think it will be an issue.

treefarmer87

ctl logger, the squirt boom is one less thing you have to worry about messing up. :) very nice machine.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

barbender

Quote from: 1270d on February 02, 2013, 08:22:40 PM
What?   No slide boom? Nice looking machine.  They get around the woods well, supprising for the size.

That's the first thing I thought, too. I'd be lost without my slide, but the way the Ponsse forwarder cranes are set up, you pretty much need it. Sharp machine, BTW. It looks like a beast.
Too many irons in the fire

CTL logger

I tried one for a week without a squirt boom  never needed it, but we cut 250" wood and my processor operator usually leaves the ends of the wood  near the trail I can reach them easily. It's completely different than a  "normal " forwarder being able to reach directly in front of ya.

Woodhauler

2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Ken

Congrats.  That is a sweet looking office.  Makes my little forwarder look like a toy. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Norm

Sweet, and my favorite color!

CTL logger

Why the color change???

In that picture the red machine is someone else's mine is the front frame and bogie when they started building it. I noticed on the red one the boom has Spanish decals must be going to a foreign country.

Bobus2003

Sweet Machine.. There is a '99 Timbco 820 Here that we've Contemplated buyin.. But a little big

Thank You Sponsors!