iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red cedar stairs

Started by fishpimp, January 24, 2013, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bama20a

That is some kind of nice.Thanks for posting.
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Fish....other than the fireplace, how do you heat this place? Gas, electricity or  smiley_love?

This is a lot of square footage.....I love the shower!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpimp

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 25, 2013, 09:26:58 AM
Fish....other than the fireplace, how do you heat this place? Gas, electricity or  smiley_love?

This is a lot of square footage.....I love the shower!  :)
Lol ain't got to hookin them gas logs up. Got a daka wood furnace in basement hooked into the ductwork . Got 2 outdoor heat/air pumps- my buddy does Bryant brand. Sq ft is somewhere round 2500. Not include basement or garage.  The very high ceiling somewhat attracts all my heat. Haha.
The house is so well insulated . Last month electric bill was 160. I'm blaming 30% of that on my OCD Christmas light wifey!

fishpimp

Let me add that we insulated the house. we stuffed every nook every cranny.Caulked every tiny gap. Also got 6" foam panels for roof insulation too

1woodguy

looking very nice!!!!!
  Showed your pix to the wife..... For why I needed a mill!
She agreed I could build ok at least but would need 3or4 young helpers :)

I had never did rock work in the past and did a fire pit first then fireplace, and a wall
Then naturally others want you to do something
it's kind of fun a puzzle  takes more time than you think but wouldn't want to do it for a living

You need to move in next door
Like to see more of your place
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

fishpimp

I've never stuck a rock in my life before the house. Me and my lovely wife done all of it. It's actually not bad. We used man made rock from Premier stone. Color is called bubble gum. It's very nice stuff . Flat on back so sticks great to almost anything. If ya use concert board then use chikn wire and scratch coat first.

We did use some  real ones to . Skippers from the river to finish shower floor and seat.

fishpimp

This is where I learned lil bout stickin rock

1woodguy

We live near the lake lots of flat rock  in the summer when the water was down I gathered up all the rock I needed hit it with washer to get any slum off and it was good to go nice and flat 3 to 5 inch thick

It was a lot easier than gathering it  by prying it out of the ground in among the trees while gathering up ticks or copperheads
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Chuck White

Beautiful handywork there Fishpimp.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

MotorSeven

Love the river rock fireplace, very nice. How about pictures of the outside? I built mine out of cedar logs so yes I am a fellow cedarholic.
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

JohnM

Shnikes, fish, thought I was looking at a Cabelas catalog! :o  Very, very nice! :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

sumday

That's some very nice work, Fishpimp. I've built a couple dozen log homes in the last 20 years , and gone in to finish many more where folks got in over their heads, so I know how much work it is. You've done a beautiful job. I really love that shower !

fishpimp

Quote from: MotorSeven on January 25, 2013, 05:30:35 PM
Love the river rock fireplace, very nice. How about pictures of the outside? I built mine out of cedar logs so yes I am a fellow cedarholic.
Is ur house located on the smallie infested Holston river? Jus a guess . Seen one had tons of red in it!

fishpimp

Thanks to everyone . So many nice compliments . Glad to hear from so many that dig the wood house .....

samandothers

You have done fantastic work!

Did you mill the hickory and create the floor boards?  Share any thoughts or insight into how that went?

MotorSeven

No I'm up in Hancock County closer to the Clinch(about a mile as the crow fly's).
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

rbhunter

That is one beautiful house. God has really given you some talent and patience.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

jueston

just amazing, its all so beautiful, especially the shower and fireplace.

fishpimp

Thanks and more thanks y'all... My whole family is due much credit too. I really just about lost my mind. I had very many lonely down and out days and nights up there.
Once again , without my builder, I would have been lost!

fishpimp

Quote from: jueston on January 26, 2013, 06:12:56 PM
just amazing, its all so beautiful, especially the shower and fireplace.
I bet ur a smallie man since being from St. Paul ?Heard bout some lakes up ur way!

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: MotorSeven on January 26, 2013, 09:14:56 AM
No I'm up in Hancock County closer to the Clinch(about a mile as the crow fly's).

I used to spend the summers in Grainger county (Bean Station). We got over to sneedville sometimes.  That drive over clinch mountain was beautiful.

mad murdock

It really is amazing the beauty that the good Lord puts in a tree! Nice to see the ideas He gave you fleshed out. Nice execution, you and your family really done good!! 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

MotorSeven

Quote from: mad murdock on January 27, 2013, 12:49:12 PM
It really is amazing the beauty that the good Lord puts in a tree! Nice to see the ideas He gave you fleshed out. Nice execution, you and your family really done good!! 8)

Ain't that the truth, some people like to peruse art gallery's...for me, it's any kind of wood. We can lay back and see all kinds of designs in our Pine decked ceiling, or stare at the walls and the Cedar grain always reveals new things......beautiful!
WoodMizer LT15 27' bed

Thank You Sponsors!