iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red cedar stairs

Started by fishpimp, January 24, 2013, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpimp

Thought I'd share some pics of our custom cedar log stairs and railings.all were harvested from my family farm. Yep I'm a cedar freak as my ole man tells me. Very blessed by god to have such a great family , without them ... I don't kno where I would b .
We logged, cut, drawknifed and sanded for year  before we broke ground

fishpimp

fishpimp

fishpimp

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Fish....you got you a little Cedar castle.

May I say your work is VERY impressive.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpimp

Thanks man... Major props to my builder! Guy is a genius . We had ideas- he had the KNO HOW!

okmulch

Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

kelLOGg

ain't gonna be any moths in that house! 8)
NICE,
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

goodnews

wow!!!something  i'd say you are very blessed glad you gave God the glory   in Christ  looking for His return    goodnews
goodnews  born again Christian looking for His return

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: goodnews on January 24, 2013, 05:11:48 PM
wow!!!something  i'd say you are very blessed glad you gave God the glory   in Christ  looking for His return    goodnews

Welcome Goodnews. I missed your first post the other day...sorry. But we're glad to have you here.
When ya get a chance tell us a little something about yourself.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

rooster 58

Fishpimp that is awesome. I built the same type of house in 00-01. It was full log on bottom and siding up top. Your pics of scaffolding bring back memories ;) I really like the cedar though. Congrats!!

customsawyer

I like it. When you find the time come on down and work on my place. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

drobertson

nice work for sure, lots of work, looks great and should last for years,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Woodkiller

That is a sweet pad. Love the cedar!

francismilker

Another vote from me on awesome.  Nice looking work and creativity with the stairs.  I love ERC!
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

Skoalbandit78

Man that really looks good! You do very good work.

Magicman

Very nice indeed.  Since it sounded like a family effort, then congratulations to each of you for your contribution.  smiley_thumbsup

And a Welcome to goodnews.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

staker

Hi, I was wondering what your flooring is made of, and what finish did you apply to the stairs and flooring . Awesome house nice stair case.

Dave

WDH

Another and another and another vote for awesome! 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpimp

Flooring we used 5" cabin grade hickory 

AdamT

Beautiful!  I'd love to see more of the flooring. And the exterior, and...

I think we all want to see more!!!

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

fishpimp

Thanks everyone for the compliments . Anyone like to do stone - masonry work?

I spent many weeks workin on our shower!

shelbycharger400

NICE!!!!!     That gives me more motivation  to keep on milling

Planman1954

Fishpimp...let me chime in and say GREAT JOB! I'm with everybody else here...let's see more pictures inside and out. Thanks for taking the time to post for us to see. God HAS blessed you.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Thank You Sponsors!