iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder Payment

Started by Ed_K, January 23, 2013, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

I payed off my taylor skidder today, for the second time  ;D .I had the engine and whole drivetrain rebuilt back in 2010- 11. now it needs another paint job and new tires to be totally new,only I don't want to borrow $$$ for tires  :o .
The worst part of this last pay schedual is the hour meter has 194 hrs  :( .I sure hope we start getting more bid prospects,landowner's don't sell timber with todays stumpage.
Woodhauler get a new truck, I get a new skidder,wa-hoo  8) .

Ed K

snowstorm

Quote from: Ed_K on January 23, 2013, 08:27:05 PM
I payed off my taylor skidder today, for the second time  ;D .I had the engine and whole drivetrain rebuilt back in 2010- 11. now it needs another paint job and new tires to be totally new,only I don't want to borrow $$$ for tires  :o .
The worst part of this last pay schedual is the hour meter has 194 hrs  :( .I sure hope we start getting more bid prospects,landowner's don't sell timber with todays stumpage.
Woodhauler get a new truck, I get a new skidder,wa-hoo  8) .
well i am still waiting to see what bank he robbed......should be on the news pretty soon

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Ed,at least Woodhauler shows us pictures of his new stuff.  ;D  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Picture's up c farm  ;D .Snowstorm,no bank but I did 11 weeks of hard labor for a construction co last fall  :o.
Ed K

thecfarm

Thank you.   ;D  I like to look at skidders.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

;D
I'm thinking of trading it for a forwarder at some point.
Ed K

thecfarm

I like to look at forwarders too.  :D  :D

lumberjack48

well i am still waiting to see what bank he robbed

As far back as i can remember setting in Cafe's lessoning to the truckers talk. Thats all i ever heard was how much money they were losing. The whole time they were there, cry, cry and cry, they cried so much people would tease-em about their crying. Then the next day or so, they'd have a new loader, pickup, snowmobile, 4 wheeler, truck or something of big value. 8)

The thing is why drive junk or run junk and pay taxes on your income. A lot of people don't understand this, you need write off. :P

I had borrowed money to buy equipment. I was paying 50 percent of my income to get it payed back. The day i got hurt was the first day in a while i didn't have a payment of 50 percent out of my log check. The night before we were talking about what we were going to do, we had worked hard to get it payed off. Well our plans didn't pan out, we didn't know how much our lives were going to change the next day.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

rooster 58

Lumberjack, glad you were paid up, It's tuff to make payments when your hurt, or don't have work for your equipment

snowstorm

Quote from: Ed_K on January 24, 2013, 07:30:49 AM
Picture's up c farm  ;D .Snowstorm,no bank but I did 11 weeks of hard labor for a construction co last fall  :o.
no i ment woodhauler must have robbed a bank to buy that new truck.

Thank You Sponsors!