iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm a believer

Started by proteus, January 23, 2013, 01:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

proteus

After reading some of the horror stories and close calls i decided to invest in some chaps and helmet( I decided on the HUSQVARNA brand). I wish i had done it years ago even though I have never had any accidents. I would advise everyone to wear them. It only takes one time to wish you had!
Greg

Magicman

There is no reason for any of us to not use the safety equipment that is available to us.  I have many pictures and even more instances where safety gear would have prevented stitches, bruises, and even embarrassment. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Magicman,no feet pictures!!!!!!!!!!  :D

I'm glad that you are wearing the safety equipment.
Someone on here said,A pair of chaps cost just about as much as a co-pay for a emergency room visit.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JuniperBoss

Quote from: Magicman on January 23, 2013, 04:53:42 PM
and even embarrassment. 
I agree with that. It's no fun to get yourself. Probably because we know we aren't really all that safe in our technique :-[.
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

gjersy

I payed the price, I cut myself pretty bad twice, when I was 19 cutting the nicest Tamarack i ever cut, then at 26yrs old limbing ugly Jack pine, knee and foot. I'm not superstitious but both times were on hot summer Fri the 13th days. Chaps would've helped the 1st time, 2nd time i was stupidly cutting between my feet. No health insurance and layed up 6 weeks both times. Anyway I'm 46 now and those old injuries are starting to hurt, just like the Doc predicted, maybe it's arthritis. Safety equipment is a pain to wear, and i'll admit sometimes I get slack especially on those hot dog days of summer (never on fri. 13th, just in case lol :D), but the alternative can hurt. One thing I finally discovered thats even more important then safety equipment, is taking your time and carefully looking things over before you cut, Dad and Gramps always told me to slow down and think, thats good advice that i didn't follow very good when i was young.
If life gives you lemons, throw 'em into a quart of vodka.

Thank You Sponsors!