iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody got an extra Ark?

Started by Jim_Rogers, April 01, 2004, 04:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

It's been raining here in the Northeast since noon yesterday, that is March 31st, 2004, and no let up in sight.
I've got buckets all around one workbench where the roof leaks.
I started with one pound coffee cans and they were getting filled up every hour. Now I've gone to 5 gallon buckets.
I've got to go home soon! I hope the shop won't float away before I get back tomorrow morning!!

Well, I'll dump all the buckets and hope it slows down some over night.
I'll let you know tomorrow morning how I made out.
Jim Rogers
(Is there a smiley face with an umbrella?)
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Minnesota_boy

This is the perfect time to go up and fix the roof, because now you know where all the leaks are. ;D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

oldsaw-addict

I just have to go get the mill saw started and I'll get on building your ark as soon as I finish Noah's :D Just kidding. IT IS the right time to fix the leaks in the roof though because you should be able to see right through the weak spots in it. :D I couldnt resist that one.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Duane_Moore

:D :D :DLet me contact my old buddy, he had a used one. ;D ;D ;Donly used it for 40 days and then put it up. it is reather old but,it was in good shape when he parked it, (ps mite need some cow crap removed)  Duh---Duane   (well he ask)
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

ARKANSAWYER

I hear that gopher wood makes a good one.  But if you build it like your roof it will not do you much good. ;D
ARKansawyer
ARKANSAWYER

redpowerd

the carpenters that framed the roof on my cabin 'flashed' the chimney with tar :-/ IDIOTS!

i got water

oh, wait, now the vent pipe leaks :-/ >:(
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jim_Rogers

The heavy rail let up around 2 am according to the weather girl this morning.
But she said the weather spotter in the next town over from my shop measured 7.75 inches of rain, so far, as of 6 am this morning.
My buckets didn't over fill over night and my shop is still here.
I'll not be needing that ark right now but keep it on hold for a while we might get some more rain Sunday night into Monday.

And thanks for all the advice about how and when to fix my roof. It's high on the list of things that I'm suppose to do. :D

Jim Rogers

Frickman

It's been raining for three and a half days here in SW PA, hard at times. Too muddy to even drive across the mill yard, so here I sit on the old computer.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

shopteacher

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

redpowerd

sleet and snow here in the seway valley
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Frickman

Just got back from visiting a customer. A low-lying corn field had a flock of ducks swimming in it. Yea, it's wet.  :(

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

L. Wakefield

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/soilmst/img/loop_wanom.gif  

It only goes up to dec 03 or jan 04- but look how much we've improved. And we should be WELL into the green for jan/feb/mar o4. A little break from worrying about drought.  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Ed_K

Jim, when you get your leaks fixed, can you do a whole roof for me. Bird shingles going to be replaced with metal.
Ed K

Frank_Pender

Hey Jim,  tell ya I'll do.   I have enough lumber her from a job a fella had me log the logs from his place, hual them here 30 miles and saw 8,000 board feet of Douglas Fir for a 6,000 square foot house.  The lumber has been sawed for 3 months and the sawing portion has not been paid for as yet.  I will sell you all the lumber for the price of the sawing; $3,000.00.   But, and there is always a but, you will have to pay for the shipping ;D I am just trying to help. 8)

The lumber is worth around $5,000 plus.

Frank Pender

pappy

Jim will this do  

It's worked fer me fer years on end---not just fer work anymore  :D  :D  :D  :D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

DanG

Any chance that rain is headed this way, Jim?  It's drier'n a popcorn fart, around here. :-/
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

redpowerd

canoes w/ motors ::)
never see that in the adks
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

pappy

redpowerd,
there's been outboard motors on canoes around these parts since there's been outboard motors.

you can motor literally hundreds of miles in this northern part of the state with an outfit of such.

A great way to get away from the crowds and at times you wouldn't believe the fishing that can be had this way.      :)  :)  :)  :)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

redpowerd

im wondering where all the fish will go when the feilds dry up this spring
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Jim_Rogers

Well the rain finally slowed down over the weekend.
But now it's snowing again!!!!

Can this really be April?

Jim Rogers

Frickman

Not just snow but cold! I brought some already cut logs down off the mountain with the forwarder this morning. About froze my knees off the wind is so cold. I'm taking a break here inside before I go back at it. I'm sure it's April, it just don't feel like it.

ARKANSAWYER

If you could spare a little rain we could use it.  It is so dry that the morels are not coming up at all.  We have only gotten one little mess about 2 days after the last rain 2 weeks ago.  Maybe rain Wednesday.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Patty

Arkansawyer,

The reason the midwest hasn't gotten any rain to speak of in the past few years is because we dug a pond. Sorry. :(
I'm thinking the rain will start as soon as we dig a well to pump water into the pond, maybe this summer.
Well diggers around here get $25 per foot :o, so we have been putting off having one dug just for the pond. At those prices, the midwest may be in for a long drought!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Furby

Patty

They tell me about 300-350 feet. For some unknown reason all the wells within a couple miles of us have to be that deep. My guess is they figure they will drill about as deep as they think your pocketbook will allow, but I'm of a suspicious nature.  ::)   It just seems funny to me that the existing well on our farm is about 150 feet deep, and we've never had any problems with it going dry, but the new well has to be 300 feet deep! I just don't get it.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!