iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New helmet

Started by TessiersFarm, January 19, 2013, 07:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TessiersFarm

My old stihl helmet is about played out, anyone using the labonville ones.  I have a lot of their stuff and I like all of it so far, wondering about their helmet.  Any other recomendations?  I wear it just about any time I'm cutting so comfort is important.  Ear muffs are second for me, already got hearing loss and the ringing thing so I gotta save whats left.  Don't use the face screen as much as I should, do they make one that powers down when I rev the saw?  Only one I ever wore is the stihl so I'm looking for opinions.

Thanks
Stihl E14, 180, 026, 036, 361, 045
Husky 266, 372, 394
Dolmar 111

thecfarm

That's all I have. One for me that get used quite often,one for the wife when she comes for a visit and one for the Grandson. I brought a liner for it too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

shinnlinger

Today I was milling and had it one as I was trimming some logs so I had my Labonville helmet on.  I then had to drive my daughter somewhere and when we got there I was still wearing the hemet so I guess it is comfy enough.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Holmes

I just bought a Rockman helmet from Baileys and wore it for the first time today. I spent a couple hours chainsawing brush and small trees and as I walked back to my shed I thought about how comfortable the helmet was for the 2 hours I wore it. I was pleasantly surprised. I bought the package, helmet, shield, and ear protection .
Think like a farmer.

keen

I have had two of the labonville helmets and the only thing I don't like about them is that the pivot point for the face screen wears out quick on them. You can get replacements for them. Took a good hit from a limb falling from a tree a few months ago, sent me to the  ground dazed. The helmet didn't crack but you can see the stress points where the limb hit. I give it a high rating since it may of saved my life ;D

JDeere

We just bought 3 of them from Labonville's and the guys on my crew say they like them and find them comfortable.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

rooster 58

I've only used Peltor or Stihl. That's all the saw shops carry here I think

KyLogger

Silly yankees, they're called HARD HATS ;D

Sorry, but the smart---- in me couldn't help it!
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

beenthere

And there is an apparent difference between what is called a 'hard hat' and a 'helmet'.
A gander through Bailey's will show where the helmets differ.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Maine372

I use peltor working at for myself and at work the company provides elvex. elvex are great if you are large in the melon and the face screen is the biggest ive seen. great protection when dealing with lots of brush.

nhlogga

I use the Husqvarna helmet. Most comfortable imo.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

Thank You Sponsors!