iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Done lurking

Started by meathook, January 17, 2013, 10:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathook

My dad and I bought a mobile dimension mill last fall at an auction. We've been working on it in the shop and finally got a good day with it. We wanted to go through everything on it to make sure it was ready to work. At the end of the day we were both smiling ;D

clww

Good for you two! Welcome to the Forestry Forum, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

MeatHook, looks like a nice stack of lumber!

Welcome to the Forum. Where do you live?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. I have always thought those Mobile Dimension sawmills were very interesting machines.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Migal

Welcome to FF Look's like a wonderful project with your dad and you now all you have to do is figure out where to put all that sawdust in your pocket's LOL
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

mad murdock

Welcome to the forestry forum meathook. You guys jumped in whole hog! The MD is one sawing machine! 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

thecfarm

Meathook,welcome to the forum. Good job on the pictures. I saw one of them being used at Bangor Expo a few years ago. What's all the lumber going to be used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

Welcome to the FF, I've always thought the mobile dimension sawmills are nice. 

slider

I always did like to see them operate .Welcome Meathook.
al glenn

drobertson

howdy meathook, congrats on the mill, that has to be rewarding, I am happy for you and your dad.  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, meathook.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DanG

Welcome Meathook!  It's good to see another MD sawyer  on here.  We seem to be getting scarce.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

rooster 58

Good deal Meathook ;D  It's nice to see father and son spending time together. Welcome to the brotherhood of sawdust junkies ;)

bandmiller2

I can't drive by a radio tower without thinking about MD mills wish we had more of them up here in the northeast.They are a classic. Mornin Dan guess your still checking the forum. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

downsouth

Welcome, you and your dad have the sawdust bug now I'm sure.

meathook

We've had the sawdust bug for years. We've both spent our time in the timber industry. We own an excavation company and always run across timber on jobs. I wish i had alot of it still that i cut up for firewood now. We have some vacation property that we're going to build a new shed on in the spring. My nephew needs a new woodshed, my boat house will be getting new siding. Theres a long list of stuff  to do with it.

fat olde elf

Welcome Meathook.  Glad you are here to help keep Dang on the straight and narrow. My daughter and 2 grandkids live on the tip of Kitsap Peninsula across Puget Sound. I visit once in a while.......Say your prayers....
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

haywire woodlot

I had a mobile Dimension mill before I bought my woodmizer, It was a lot of fun resurecting it and making lumber for the first time.(it was incomplete and in pieces when I bought it for $1200!) Some times I really miss the way that rig could throw chips! This picture is from the first day I ran it.

Dave

meathook

Dad cutting some cedar

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, meathook.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

meathook

Quote from: haywire woodlot on January 18, 2013, 11:14:40 PM
I had a mobile Dimension mill before I bought my woodmizer, It was a lot of fun resurecting it and making lumber for the first time.(it was incomplete and in pieces when I bought it for $1200!) Some times I really miss the way that rig could throw chips! This picture is from the first day I ran it.

Wow Haywire those endstands are tall!

haywire woodlot

Quote from: meathook on January 19, 2013, 11:35:04 PM
Quote from: haywire woodlot on January 18, 2013, 11:14:40 PM

Wow Haywire those endstands are tall!

I can't say that I ever really used them to there full potential, I think you'd need a ladder just to drop the clutch in gear.  On another note be sure to wear a full face bucking shield when you run that thing, they don't just throw chips, small knots flung by the blades can cause real damage to soft flesh!
Dave

dgdrls

Quote from: DanG on January 18, 2013, 08:06:37 AM
Welcome Meathook!  It's good to see another MD sawyer  on here.  We seem to be getting scarce.

I'm trying to join the MDS party!

Nice rig Meathook,

have you and your Dad been sawing more?

DGDrls

meathook

Yes we have. We've been making alot of sawdust and it is working great.

KenPlum

Welcome from another new member  8)
1 Chronicles 22:15
Moreover, there are many workmen with you, stone-cutters and masons of stone and carpenters, and all men who are skillful in every kind of work.

Thank You Sponsors!