iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Brought her home today!

Started by Nvfd3052, January 16, 2013, 09:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nvfd3052

Well after a month and a half of waiting I got to pick up my new lt35hd today! Spent a few hours at wm learning the ropes this morning, but I won't get to play with her again till tomorrow due to working second shift...  Funny thing tho, when I left wm I stopped to get fuel 2 miles down the road and a guy came up to me wanting me to saw up a bunch of walnut for him tomorrow! Lol I gave him a card and took his number, told him the saw was literally 5 min old and I wanted to set it up and get a feel for it before I go cutting somebody elses walnut. Better yet I went 5 more miles and stopped at lowes and the same thing happened with another guy! I think I will just leave it hooked up to the truck and tow it around lol

Woodmizer LT35HDD18 diesel
Stihl ms290
Deere 260 skid loader
01 Chevy 2500hd duramax
And a wife that loves me!

hackberry jake

You can't beat advertisement like that! Congradulations on the new member of the family. Once you've sawn one log... You pretty much wanna saw the rest of em  8)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

AdamT

Congratulations! Your going to love it
2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

mikeb1079

QuoteI think I will just leave it hooked up to the truck and tow it around

man that is no joke!!  when i built my mill i had to do it in our driveway and sometimes out in the street in front of our house.  despite the fact that we live on a relatively quiet street the word spread like wildfire.  i had people leaving me handwritten notes on the windshield of my van and the mill wasn't even functional!   :D :D 

anyways, congrats on the mill!! i am very jealous   smiley_flowerhead
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

clww

Congratulations! 8) 8) 8)
Get a sign made with your phone number and attach it to the mill when you are towing it around in the future.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Congratulations and thanks for sharing you anticipation and now your joy.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Now lets saw some logs and keep the blade away from that shiny Orange paint.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Now that is some pretty looking.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

scully

Nothing sweeter than a new mill ! Those LT35's have been a huge seller I have seen a bunch of em ! Good for you and enjoy !
I bleed orange  .

Tree Feller

Congratulations on your new mill. It certainly looks good and it sounds like business will be good, too.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

YellowHammer

Congratulations and what a positive way to start! 8)
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

T Welsh

Nvfd3052, Congrats. on your new toy/tool. Tim

red

there is a GPS tracking device on new mills and an app for smartphones
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Norm

Nothing like getting a new toy, congratulations!

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats Very Nice  :) I like it you made top choise Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) Good gear just attracts more work Mate  :) ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

schakey

Think-Dream-Plan-Do

rooster 58

Congratulations on that shiny new mill smiley_clapping  That sure looks alot sweeter than the Bimford 8427SW ;D  8)

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill, look'n good!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Nvfd3052 on January 16, 2013, 09:31:03 PM
I gave him a card and took his number, told him the saw was literally 5 min old and I wanted to set it up and get a feel for it before I go cutting somebody elses walnut.

It's also nice is you get your first "saw the stop" incident behind you without witnesses......... at least I guess it would have been.. :-\

Congrats! You'll get the hang of it in no time.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

samandothers

Nice!  Go forth and get sawndust all over it and slather with ATF!

TimGA

Didn't we just have Christmas.   Nice!
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

John_Haylow

Congratulations on your new mill. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

rooster 58

Man I love new sawmills ;D  I wish I could buy each model of the big orange. Or maybe at least a different model for each day of the week ;) But then, I'd have to decide which models to purchase :-\  Ahh man how stressful would that be? ;D :D ;D :D

mad murdock

Congrats on living the dream! It gets better from here :)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!