iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bars

Started by 1270d, January 16, 2013, 08:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1270d

I know brands have been discussed a few times but im having trouble finding any other brand except oregon.   My harvester head uses the jet fit tail bars and I was wondering if anyone knew of another option, or does oregon have a patent on the jetfit design?

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

1270d

But it says I have to be legal drinking age to enter :D

snowstorm

how dose the jet fit attach to the head? i asked where i buy oregon bars they didnt really know. i use oregon and sthil and sthil chain

loggah

I used to run GB bars on my Timbco 28" sawhead ,but i don't know if there still in business.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Bobus2003

We run GB and GEM Bars on the Timbco and Delimbers

1270d

We buy GB s from a place in warshington. Gb doesn't seem to make a tail to fit my head though.   Ill take a pic of the jet fit.  It just slips into the bar clamp and when you fire up there's a couple little hyd pistons that pinch it in.

My oregon part number is 822hsfl149

loggah

Maybe you could adapt a GB bar with a plasma cutter. ;D
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

1270d

Id try but they don't make the right length. And I don't have a plasma cutter :D

NWP

I just got a new brand of bar to use on my processor.  It's a black bar and made in Sweden I believe.  I'd have to look at it to get the name, I can't remember it.  It was the same price as an Oregon.  I bought it through Blockbuster.  There is probably somewhere online to find them.  I'll look to see what the name on it is.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

mad murdock

Canon makes custom bars, they make a fine product.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

furltech

Are you having problems with the tips going out of them .I seem to be going through a pile of them on the 1070 .

1270d

Not much trouble with tips this winter.  I did have a bad batch a while back. Sometimes only a couple hours on a tip.  Wierd. 

Just looking for another brand of bar to try. We ve been using GB s on our other harvester and they are working great. Very springy and easy to straighten. And lots cheaper.

I suppose I could try cannon but doubt they could custom build one for 80 bucks or less. 

What head are you running on the 1070?

loggah

When i bent a GB bar on the  Timbco sawhead i had i would just run it back out and straighten it on the stump. at that time GB was only 60 miles north of me in Lancaster N.H.  the guys there were good to deal with.

furltech

it has a 754 on it .

deastman

Quote from: 1270d on January 17, 2013, 05:02:41 PM
Not much trouble with tips this winter.  I did have a bad batch a while back. Sometimes only a couple hours on a tip.  Wierd. 

Just looking for another brand of bar to try. We ve been using GB s on our other harvester and they are working great. Very springy and easy to straighten. And lots cheaper.

I suppose I could try cannon but doubt they could custom build one for 80 bucks or le
Pacific Trail in Oregon (?) claim to make top of the line bars but i havent used any yet. I did get a price from them today and they cost less than what I am paying for Oregon bars locally. I will probably try a couple unless anyone knows if they're not a good quality bar.
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

snowstorm

Quote from: deastman on January 23, 2013, 05:00:47 PM

I suppose I could try cannon but doubt they could custom build one for 80 bucks or le
Pacific Trail in Oregon (?) claim to make top of the line bars but i havent used any yet. I did get a price from them today and they cost less than what I am paying for Oregon bars locally. I will probably try a couple unless anyone knows if they're not a good quality bar.
do you buy them from rd faulkner?

deastman

Yes, is that where you buy from?
Samsung 130 LCM-3 with Fabtek 4-roller and Cat 554 forwarder, Cat EL 180 excavator, Cat D3C dozer, Cat D7E dozer, '92 Ford LTL 9000 dump, Easy-2-Load 25 Ton tag-a-long, current project under construction: '91 Peterbilt 379 with a Hood 8000 w/extenda-boom loader

snowstorm

Quote from: deastman on January 23, 2013, 06:19:06 PM
Yes, is that where you buy from?
yes. mine uses 404 i belive its a whole lot cheaper than 3/4. 20 for a chain bars around 75.

Ken

I have been using Oregon bars with very little trouble.  They are quite forgiving and I haven't had too many bar tips fail.  New bars here at a local dealer are around $62 and a chain is less than $20.  I would buy in bulk but the dealer claims they are selling these items for slightly more than cost to get you in the door.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

deastman

Quote from: snowstorm on January 23, 2013, 05:07:10 PM
Quote from: deastman on January 23, 2013, 05:00:47 PM

do you buy them from rd faulkner?
Snowstorm, i buy Oregon from R.D. Faulkner but not the Pacific Trail bars, bought new Oregon chains at Faulkners this week and they had gone up to $63 and the last Oregon bar i got last summer was $325

NWP

Iggesund Forest is the brand of bar I've got on my processor now.  I'll see how it does.  I bought it through Blockbuster.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

snowstorm

Quote from: NWP on February 09, 2013, 08:49:38 PM
Iggesund Forest is the brand of bar I've got on my processor now.  I'll see how it does.  I bought it through Blockbuster.
i just got 2 of them. only have 2 days on one. it seems to be real good.

Thank You Sponsors!