iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You guys in the UP better watch out for this guy.

Started by DR Buck, January 16, 2013, 08:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WmFritz

That's funny... A Dumb and Dumber remake?   :D

A friend of mine tried to drive that stretch at 3:00 in the morning with his eye lids down.  Thankfully nobody was hurt.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

OK, we know who is on first and who is on third, but who is on second  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedar Savage

Yea.....he's got the auto pilot turned on in that thar RV
"They fried the fish with bacon and were astonished, for no fish had ever seemed so delicious before."         Mark Twain

chevytaHOE5674

Not sure where he actually is but it isn't the "Seney Stretch".

gspren

I plan to take my RV through the UP in August but with a 5th wheel trailer it may be a bit harder to use the facilities without stopping.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on January 17, 2013, 07:54:34 AM
Not sure where he actually is but it isn't the "Seney Stretch".

Yea, that's not the Seney Stretch, but I'm pretty certain it is M-28. There is one big hill there that goes by that I know I have seen. I think it is closer to Munising, but can't remember for sure. It's been a couple years since I've been across that way.  That is one long boring stretch of road. As you are going though the Seney wildlife refuge, you wonder what the heck could there other than birds.

Seney has a very colorful past as related to logging. Here is a link with a good read about that area.

http://hunts-upguide.com/seney.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

What an idiot! How would you like to pass a motor home with no driver?

Jeff

MEMountainMan

Now that cracks me up, also noticed his Stormy Kromer hat. I think a while back I remember hearing about a lady in Washington DC actually doing that. She left the wheel to nurse her baby.
LT15 30 feet cap., John Deere 850 tractor with a loader bucket and backhoe, John Deere 1010 dozer. some husky saws, a 5ft Logrite cant hook, a 3ft mill special, and a 30" hookaroon. A shop full of tools and 108 acres of trees to make things out of.  Done building homes for others now it's my turn

doctorb

Pretty funny.  What is Jeff Daniels' connection to the UP?  If it's not the actor Jeff Daniels, he's a dead ringer!  Sounds / looks like the real Jeff Daniels to me!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Jeff

He is a proud Michigander, but born in Georgia. He was raised in Chelsea, Michigan, where his father Bob, owns The Chelsea Lumber Company.

A pretty famous regional movie he made, called "Escanaba in the Moonlight" was filmed on location, in Escanaba. The song he sings in the second video clip is the story told in the movie.

Paul_H

My favourite Jeff Daniels line is "hey kidth,ya gaw any haw water? "
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Jeff

This appears to be the whole movie to watch on-line of Escanaba in Da Moonlight.

http://www.ovguide.com/escanaba-in-da-moonlight-9202a8c04000641f80000000011d3146

The music track is by Alto Reed. The Sax player in Bob Seger's Silver Bullet Band.

Den Socling

Jeff you're always spoiling my fun. First with the third hand and now with cruise control.  :D

Ryan D

Anybody else notice the Feller Buncher at the 2:03 mark? (Just after he gets up from the wheel)

1270d

Ryan D

I think you're right. I'm used to guys running dangle heads up here so when I see a fixed head like that I automatically assume it's a buncher.

JuniperBoss

Dood that guy is from 'Dumb and Dumber'. I'm serious that's the actor!
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Jeff

Yes, he was in dumb and dumber and a whole host of other films.

JuniperBoss

He plays an awesome idiot. I wonder if he's like that in real life?
"The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense." --- Thomas Edison

Thank You Sponsors!