iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My first day "not"on the job.

Started by old3dogg, March 31, 2004, 12:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3dogg

Well I didnt have to go to work today.So what do I do?
I have 5 and a half tons of 2b gravel dumped in my driveway last night.
At 7 am Im out there moving it all by hand.I gotta tell you that I am not used to this work concept.By 11am I was on the couch with the two dogs watching the price is right!
I did get all of the gravel moved but man I sure am sore!
My wife tells me we have 5 more tons coming on Monday.
I really do need to find a job and soon! :D

oldsaw

I kept begging my wife for a couple of days to do nothing but goof off before I started this job.  She thought it was a really good idea.  She took a couple of days to goof off, and I got left at home with the new baby.  Baby is now 6.

I've never worked harder than when I wasn't "working".  The worse part of it is that you find out how much stuff you still can't get done on a daily basis.  That, and "homework" is always so much more physical.
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Ed_K

And I still can't believe that mustang was $36,000  :D.
Ed K

Furby

I hear ya old3dogg, I can't get used to this actually working WITHOUT pay, deal. I had it better AT work!!!  ;D

old3dogg

I know what you mean Furby.I just cant wait til the weather breaks.Gotta paint the house. 8)

Furby

I gotta tear mine down.  :-/
Part of it anyways.  ;)

old3dogg

Shhhhhhhh!
I dont want my crazy wife hearing stuff like that! :(

DanG

I 'member my first day not on the job, 'cause it was only a couple of months ago.  I hit the ground running!  I was out of the house not too far past noon, and stayed out there, humpin' an gettin' it till almost 2. :D

I shoulda stayed at work for one more month, though. The weather sucked all through Feb, and I didn't get much done. Made up for it in March, though. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

old3dogg

I just sat here and folded a load of laundry at 2pm on a thursday afternoon.I should be out at the shop vac drying squares.
I say the hell with china and all of their slave labor!!!!!
I just wish one of these damned smiles had a middle finger!
Preach to me all you want but I say we are all gonna be eating rat and rice in a few years.
Dont pull this post Jeff B because it is my last one.
OLD3DOGG.

Duane_Moore

???Last post? what did I do? siss ya off?  Duh---Duane :'(
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Stan

Here's a link to some smilies, but don't blame me if Jeff won't let you use them.
http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/

I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

old3dogg

Sorry to everyone.
I think I have calmed down some.[Thanks Duane!]
Good to know that Im not the only person in this boat.
When I sit and fold laundry on Friday I wont have CNN on the T.V.Maybe I wont get so worked up.
Did you all see what those 8!@#%^&* did to those poor boys from NC?
Then CNN did a part on the wood products being made in china and they were trying to make me believe that it was all good!
Then they go on to tell me that opec cut oil production by 40% >:( >:( >:( >:(

old3dogg

And holy cow! In all of my ranting and raging I didnt realize that I have become a full member x2.
Got me another tree! 8)

Furby

Turn CNN OFF!!!
Toss the laundry aside, and get your butt OUTSIDE!!!!   ;D

old3dogg

No worries!I have banned CNN from

my t.v.
I spent the day with my best friend.
Feel much better now!

PS.
My best friend is this really cool lady that I just happen to be married to! ;)

Furby

Jeff

Nice to tick me off while I am off on a short rest visiting a forum member. I recommend the language stays clean on this forum or I will be pulling a lot more then one post.  >:(

old3dogg, I understand your anger and frustration, but understand this forum is not the place to explode. Our members DO NOT deserve it. If you wish to vent here, fine and dandy. Just do it in a way that shows some respect to this forums other members and guests.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

old3dogg

Oh darn.I got Jeff mad at me again.He aint just a little mad this time.I thought about going to the pig roast but I may get the tar beat out of me.
To everyone.I am truly sorry for the language.
But I must also say that I am not sorry for how I feel.
Oh.And a P.S. to Jeff.I quit watching CNN and all the rest of the news.Gets me to fired up.
Mike.

Thank You Sponsors!