iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Am Finally Mobile

Started by Tree Feller, January 16, 2013, 04:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tree Feller

I took the head rig off my mill back to Logmaster on November 26. I picked it up today with the head rig on a brand new trailer with loading ramps and hand winch, new wheels and bearings for the head rig and everything cleaned, adjusted and tuned.

I have some Pine logs to saw here at home and then I'll take it to my buddy's place where we have a bunch of Walnut logs stacked and waiting to be sawn.

It's still a manual mill but it just got a lot more versatile. (I took the bandwheel guards off when I hauled the head rig in my pick-up and didn't put them back on before taking the picture.

Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Chuck White

Nice looking setup you've got there Cody!

Good luck with the walnut.  Wish we had some here.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

tcsmpsi

How long of a log will yours cut, Cody?  Makes a big difference having it truly mobile, doesn't it?   ;D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Skoalbandit78

Congraduations on your new addition, sure looks nice. :)

Magicman

It looks like a very useful mod, but if that trailer tongue is as short as it looks, then be careful and do not jackknife it into your truck.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Sounds like you'll be a "Traveling Man" like MM now! :D I'll bet you'll become a lot busier, too. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Tree Feller

Quote from: tcsmpsi on January 16, 2013, 05:02:16 PM
How long of a log will yours cut, Cody?  Makes a big difference having it truly mobile, doesn't it?   ;D

It will saw a 16' log now. The stationary bed would only handle 12'. Yep, being mobile really opens up some opportunities.

Quote from: Magicman on January 16, 2013, 05:21:59 PM
It looks like a very useful mod, but if that trailer tongue is as short as it looks, then be careful and do not jackknife it into your truck.

That's an optical confusion, MM. The tongue comes out from the frame, goes up at about 45 degrees and then comes out some more. I'd guess it's about 5' long and it's adjustable for ball height, too.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Slab Slicer

I'll be joining you soon Cody. Planning on a trailer unit for my LT15 in the coming weeks. First job is just down the road for a freind. Timbers for a pole building he's erecting this spring. Should be a good shake down for the portable unit. Close enough just in case there is a problem. I'm hoping it'll make me a busy man.

Lookin' good Cody. Congrats on the trailer, and let us see you out on your first portable job.
2016 LT35HDG25, Kubota L2501 w/ FEL, Kubota BX1500 w/FEL and custom skidding rig, Stihl MS 500i, Stihl MS362-25", Stihl MS250-20", Stihl MS192-18",  2001 F250 SD 7.3, GMC Sierra Dually 6.0 gasser, Peaqua 16" 10K trailer, Sur-Trac 12' Dump Trailer 10K
Chuck

slider

Nice to move around,good move and good luck.
al glenn

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hackberry jake

I wouldn't mind being mobile from time to time, but I've kind of gotten used to fans and lights and ac hydraulic pumps and shelter and the fridge etc. but I still would like to be able to be mobile every once in a while. I guess a big generator could solve a lot of those problems.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

tcsmpsi

Hey MM, this is a close up of the tongue set up.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

thecfarm

Looks good and keep having fun sawing.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

morgoon

Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

Thank You Sponsors!