iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hi everyone

Started by MEMountainMan, January 16, 2013, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MEMountainMan

Good day everyone, my name is Mark and I reside in Maine or Pennsylvania depending on what's going on. I'm not very good with introductions normally but I hate to lurk without getting involved. If I had a dollar for every hour spent searching this forum I'd have a fleet of sawmills. The only sawmill I own at this time is an Alaskan sawmill which supplies me with most of the wood that I need for my woodworking projects. My plan is to buy in the next month a bandsaw mill to cut timbers and lumber for buildings I need in Maine.  When I retired in 2011 my plan was to move my shop up to Maine but as of yet the workshop isn't up yet. It's awesome the wealth of knowledge that I've seen here. Thank you for sharing it, Mark

Thanks Danny (WDH) for the push for me to chime in on this forum
LT15 30 feet cap., John Deere 850 tractor with a loader bucket and backhoe, John Deere 1010 dozer. some husky saws, a 5ft Logrite cant hook, a 3ft mill special, and a 30" hookaroon. A shop full of tools and 108 acres of trees to make things out of.  Done building homes for others now it's my turn

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome to the Forum Mark!  :)

Keep us a updated on your endeavors as a retiree......which really means, you will be working more than you ever have.  :D

We'd love to see some of your woodwork. You could probably give me some new ideas.  smiley_thumbsup

Welcome again and don't mind WDH......he can be PUSHY at times.  :D :D :D :D (but I have a lot of respect for him).

Take care Mark.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

MEMountainMn,welcome to the forum.No idea what what you are looking for in a sawmill,all manual,hyd? Thomas Bandsaw in Brooks ME been making them for years. I brought mine about 8 years ago and really like it. They sell manual mills. They have some that are kinda on the hobby side and than the heavier type. I really like PA. We go to Lancaster CO. Weather kinda like ME but the summer are longer and the winters are shorter.We was there one year in early May and it was almost 90, next day they got a frost. But as they said that was odd.
Prentiss,I had to look that up on the atlas. I had no idea where that was. Never been in that part of the state.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Welcome to the FF, MMM.
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

mesquite buckeye

Welcome. Keep us posted as you get your shop built (photos, etc.). These guys will encourage you to get it done faster and better...... :)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Bogue Chitto

Texas Ranger

Howdy, bub, and welcome
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Hello Mark, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Prentiss sounds familiar, is it anywhere near Lincoln? I've spent some good time around Lake Molunkus. Where in PA do you spend time?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Mark.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Mooseherder

Welcome MeMountainMan! :)
You probably have a great view of Mt Katahdin in Prentiss.
Here is a link to the Crown of Maine site that shows the Mountain.
It updates every few minutes.  Just a lot of blackness at night.

http://www.katahdincam.com/

slider

Welcome Mark from south georgia.
al glenn

fat olde elf

Welcome Mark!!! WDH can be a really persuasive fellow.  Chek him out on the Woodworking site.  I have many hours on a Granberg Alaska until I bought my Cooks MP32.  Say your prayers..........
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. You will want to keep a eye on the WDH fellow as he can talk you into things you didn't know you wanted to do. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Mark,

You have been duly warned  :D.  Good to see you up and posting.  You will fit in well, here.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

MEMountainMan

Thank you all for the awesome welcome. At my place in Maine I have a view of Stetson Mountain which is now topped off with 38 wind turbines that are almost 400 feet high. The closest town (Lincoln) with stores like Walmart is 45 minutes away. And yes when I come out my lane and go an eighth of a mile west I can see Mt Katahdin. My place here in PA (Lower Bucks County) is what they call the suburbs. Nobody that I know has a working sawmill around here. The closest sawyers are maybe 50 miles away. I am hoping to build a 64' x 32' timber framed shop/garage this spring – summer in Maine. I also intend to build a solar kiln and a sawmill shed this year too. I'm just waiting for the weather to break a little up in Maine. I'm hoping for a deal in February on a Woodmizer LT-15 with the 25 HP engine and four lengths of tracks. I missed out on the deal they offered in the beginning of January where they offered to bring the mill and accessories to a woodworking show in Mass, free delivery, no tax and 10 free blades.  I'm also about half done building my log arch. I've been doing so much research here on buildings, bandsaws, tools, timber framing and log arch designs, I can't thank you guys enough.
LT15 30 feet cap., John Deere 850 tractor with a loader bucket and backhoe, John Deere 1010 dozer. some husky saws, a 5ft Logrite cant hook, a 3ft mill special, and a 30" hookaroon. A shop full of tools and 108 acres of trees to make things out of.  Done building homes for others now it's my turn

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Tree Killer

rooster 58

I'd love to see Maine. Too bad your not ready to build that shop. I might just run up and helpya ;)  Welcome aboard!

Thank You Sponsors!