iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing 4 to 8 in dia pine logs ?

Started by shelbycharger400, January 14, 2013, 09:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbycharger400

Any one ever setup a saw to saw 4 to 8 in dia logs in half?   
I don't know of any better way of dealin with them, but I aquired a few more tree clearing jobs  ::)   Pulp at best, no one wants pine pulp, or pine firewood.   They are nice and straight too.       I have a few arbors and some circle mill blades around.   I was thinking of powering up a portable  real small circle mill and sawing out at the field, 8 footers.  Circle mill would be quick.   Band saw is out of the question for now.  My slabber wont work with anything smaller than 8, unless I make a fixture  for it. 

I could use them up fast building an above  walkway to the dock at the parents house, its about 300 feet to the water.    Also was thinking siding or using them for man cave bar sides 

drobertson

4" is small, 8" would make treated post. if the peeler is careful.  8" will make purlings for metal roofs, 1X4's,  6" will make 4X4's other than this, pretty small stock to deal with, and not much income in sawing, unless it is a production situation,    jmo.   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ocklawahaboy

Around here those are temp fence posts.  Takes the bugs a couple of years to eat them.  Since they aren't treated, you just let them rot when you don't need them anymore.

hamish

Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

Thank You Sponsors!