iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Super Bowl Winner Pick

Started by Raider Bill, January 14, 2013, 04:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

I am as happy as a crow getting ready to pan for gold. 8) 8)
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

thecfarm

I'm not a drinking man,but I feel like crying in my beer about now.   :'(   :'(  When their bad,they are BAD.  :'(   :'(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

It looks like in both games, one team came to play and the other team came to win. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

JohnW

Quote from: Magicman on January 20, 2013, 09:58:35 PM
It looks like in both games, one team came to play and the other team came to win.
I don't quite agree.  I'm not an expert on Atlanta, but I think they were kinda playing over their heads.  If they could've gotten a drive or two going there in the 4th quarter, they would have won.  I think that's been their MO.  Their offence always looks kind of disorganized to me, all they seem to have is the big play.  So I was really surprized how well Atlanta did, that is that they stood up to San Francisco and their actually was a game.  The Baltimore game makes me think I don't know anything about football.  Baltimore did appear to knock any thoughts of winning right out of NE by the middle of the 4th quarter.

JohnW

Quote from: doctorb on January 16, 2013, 05:32:02 PM
Gotta go with my Ravens!
So Doc, are you celebrating or anything?  I think this is a bigger win than the Super Bowl, in fact it could be hard to get those guys fired up for another game now that they won this one.

Warbird

I was very surprised to see Baltimore win.  It was New England's game to lose and they did.  That said, it will be cool to see the brothers duke it out in the Super Bowl.

scgargoyle

Hmmm... I have no connection whatsoever with the two Super Bowl teams. Still, no harm in eating lots of Super Bowl food and watching the commercials.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

JohnM

Well...it looks my Feb 3rd just freed up. :( :-\ 

After that first SB loss to the Giants a few years ago (18-1...yeah, yeah, yeah... >:() I swore up and down that I was done with football.  And yet here I am...again.  ...........next year. :-\

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

blackfoot griz

Bill Belichick may be a great coach, but in my opinion,  he sure makes it easier to dislike the Patriots.  He appears to be a really sore looser. He blew off the CBS post game interview.

doctorb

Quote from: JohnW on January 20, 2013, 11:56:45 PM
Quote from: doctorb on January 16, 2013, 05:32:02 PM
Gotta go with my Ravens!
So Doc, are you celebrating or anything?  I think this is a bigger win than the Super Bowl, in fact it could be hard to get those guys fired up for another game now that they won this one.

Actually, it's quite the opposite.  They have been struggling, injured underdogs the last half of the season.  If you could have seen the emotion on this team after beating Denver, it was amazing.  Then they smoke Brady and Belicheat, redeeming last years bitter giveaway loss to the Pats. They are on a mission.  I am not saying they'll win, but with Ray Lewis retiring, and beating Denver and New England on the road on consecutive weeks, they will be very, very mentally ready to go.  This team sees this as unfinished business and as destiny/storybook ending for Ray Lewis.  They have a cause and are playing like they want it bad.  Go Ravens!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

clww

Sorry, Doc. I can't root for the Browns.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Raider Bill

I can't get excited about either team so I just hope for a good game.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Roxie

I'll help you get excited about the Ravens!   8)

Say when

drobertson

Patriot fans will have to wait a while, ravens!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Roger2561

A much as I am a Pats fan, it would be nice to Ray Lewis go out on top with a ring.  I said this at work and a riot nearly broke out.  (Note to self - when in company of maniacs keep thoughts to self - much safer that way).
Roger

Raider Bill

Really I could get behind the Ravens this Super Bowl except for Ray Lewis. I don't like him. Wasn't he involved in a murder?
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

JohnM

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 23, 2013, 10:09:28 AM
Really I could get behind the Ravens this Super Bowl except for Ray Lewis. I don't like him. Wasn't he involved in a murder?

Ask Wes Welker's wife, she'll fill you in. ;D :D  I agree 100% RB.  Pats video tape the Jets it's never forgotten, some thug is "involved" with a double homicide and he's the face of the league. ???  Though, truth be told, the league is full of criminals, including the Pats,[no it's not a 'race' thing, ask Ryan Leaf ;)] but it's just funny what we overlook when it's 'our' team.  Same could be said for a lot of the things people feel strongly about, I guess. :)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Raider Bill

Quote from: JohnM on January 23, 2013, 12:54:48 PM
Quote from: Raider Bill on January 23, 2013, 10:09:28 AM

Ask Wes Welker's wife, she'll fill you in. ;D :D  I agree 100% RB.  Pats video tape the Jets it's never forgotten, some thug is "involved" with a double homicide and he's the face of the league. ???  Though, truth be told, the league is full of criminals, including the Pats,[no it's not a 'race' thing, ask Ryan Leaf ;)] but it's just funny what we overlook when it's 'our' team.  Same could be said for a lot of the things people feel strongly about, I guess. :)

I dunno, I guess your right.

Haha I'm a Raiders fan, if you remember them in the late 60's,70's and early 80's many were on work release just to play it seemed.  :D :D   
I got to talk to one of the players of that time over beverages. He said "you have no idea the crazy that went on then" ;) ;) ;D ;D

But..... Eric Dickerson, Warren Sapp and Randy Moss were Raiders, all excellent players and I still didn't like them ::)
I can't get behind the 49er's either. No real reason although that QB is fun to watch. Everyone around me is pulling for the Ravens.

Ryan Leaf just got sent back to the big house..  Blew rehab AGAIN. What-ta dummy! smiley_dizzy

doctorb

I know I am going to sound like a totally biased fan here, which I am, but the shady actions of Ray Lewis are way, way in the past.  If you look into the actual crime, he was accused of murder early, with much publicity, but was quickly exonerated of that charge.  The police felt he knew who the murderer was, jailed him, and he was convicted of obstruction of justice.  Sitting through that years ago, I vividly remember that the police were pressuring him to "give up" the actual murderer, and, whether he knew or not, he refused.  There is no evidence in this action that Ray Lewis murdered anyone, and the police qucikly dropped that much publicized part of the investigation.  So he was no saint here, but the general public still thinks he was potentially a murderer, and that myth lives on (see post above).  When this is discussed, i always bring up whether anyone really thinks Ray Lewis carries a knife (murder weapon).  I can't see a man with his physical attributes doing that.

I am not rationalizing his behavior.  He was young, arrogant, and knowingly was messing around with some of his old friends from the 'hood.  Wrong place at the wrong time with people he should not have been associating with.  But that has all changed.  Despite his tarnished image, he has built a relationship with the people of Baltimore unlike any other, except maybe Brooks Robinson and Cal Ripken.  He has been individually motivated to help charities, families and individuals here who need it.  He has developed business relationships with developers and charities to rescue certain neighborhoods, and has been nothing but a charitable man of faith since his release from that crime.  I know the stereotype is that, if you are really good at a professional sport, you are given a pass regarding your behavior.  That has not been the case with Ray Lewis.  He has admitted his crime, apologized for his sins, and built a long term trust with this community.  Bringing up his past is appropriate, as he exits the game, as it was part of his football history.  I am not a fan of his crying and preaching, just not my style at all.  But if you take a look at what the man has become and sincerely meant to this town outside of his football career, maybe you'll understand that his legacy is much more than a steroetypical thug who plays football. 
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

JohnM

And all the Pats would have gotten from the Jets tape is 'what NOT to do!'...just sayin, Doc. ;D ;) :D

doctorb

I see what you're sayin'  ;D, I just don't agree.  When we talk about Lewis, there's no question about his playing ability or leadership.  He's earned the right to be one of the league's faces. Not one negative mark on him related to his football career.  On the other hand, people remember cheaters.  Just ask Lance Armstrong in a few decades.  You're probably not OK with him, but, to Patriot fans, the Pat's infraction was "minor"? The Pats had been told to stop the videotaping, and then they were caught doing it again.  When you are as successful as that franchise has been, it certainly makes you wonder how much of that was going on.  So either 1) everyone was doing it and the Pats were just stupid enough to get caught, or 2) they were purposefully and successfully cheating.  Just like Lance.

In he end, you are correct, we overlook things when they involves people and institutions we care about.  Just thought I would bring a few facts to the table about Ray.  It's all good.  Go Ravens!

terry f

Being a Steeler fan, its hard to root for the Ravens, that being said, my ship has sailed and sunk. My next two favorite teams are whoever is playing the Patriots and whoever is playing a Randy Moss team. Go Ravens

Raider Bill

But Purple? I mean really? :D :D

doctorb

Agreed!  You should see how "colorful" Baltimore, and it's people, look right now.

Riggs

Quote from: terry f on January 23, 2013, 04:15:12 PM
     Being a Steeler fan, its hard to root for the Ravens, that being said, my ship has sailed and sunk. My next two favorite teams are whoever is playing the Patriots and whoever is playing a Randy Moss team. Go Ravens

A Steeler fan pulling for the Ravens....wow!
I do understand the reasoning though.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Thank You Sponsors!