iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

blades and/or sharpener in the panama city area?

Started by mmartone, January 12, 2013, 07:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

Hoping someone lives close and can help me out. My saw came with a few blades, rusty and only a few cut. I would like to buy a few blades so I can keep cutting! If anybody has a few I could buy and/or could sharpen my blades that would be great.
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

customsawyer

I don't know what you consider close. The blade manufactures will ship fairly cheap. It is difficult to sharpen just a few blades correctly unless you have the same size and type of blades as the person doing the sharpening.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Slabs

Cook's Saw up in Newton, Al. is probably closest.  They're actually just west of Dothan.  Good people there.  Worth visiting.

And, they're a sponsor.  Look just left of this post
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

bushhog920

I seconded that, go see cooks that is 1.5-2 hrs from you. I get my blades from them and got their blade sharpener , works great, built like a tank.

mmartone

I bet they arent open in the morning, Id drive right up there!
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Nomad

I've been to Newton a couple of times to see the folks at Cooks.  I found it a worthwhile trip.  I'd call ahead to see if they have the blades you're looking for in stock first, though.  And no doubt having blades shipped from them to you would be pretty quick too.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

mmartone

Wish I knew if they had what I need I'd just be there when they opened in the morning!

mmartone

Well I followed some of your advise and ordered from Cooks, they shipped them yesterday and they arrived this afternoon. I hope I can take one for a spin in some wood tomorrow! I feel certain they are going to cut better than the new, very rusty blades that came with my mill. I think I'll go to bed early so tomorrow will come faster.

Thank You Sponsors!