iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best Prices on Gransfors Bruks Axes

Started by ziggy, January 11, 2013, 06:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy

I recently discovered how to get a better deal on Gransfors axes. For some reason, I can't help searching for them, even though I can't really afford another one. (I have the Hunters Axe.)

Anyway, it turns out that the £ to US$ exchange rate is fairly good right now. And British shops seem to have better prices on the Gransfors lineup than US dealers. For example, the online shop Woodland Craft Supplies (search for 'em... I don't think I can post external links?) has the Swedish Carving Axe for £77.95, the Broad Axe for £138.95, the Scandinavian Forest Axe for £61.95, etc.

The shop's estimated shipping quote for a Swedish Carving Axe is £12-16. That translates to a total of $138USD, compared to the typical $179 price you almost always see, plus shipping.

Thought some of you might be interested. Now to convince my lovely partner that another "investment" will be worth it... (can you guess which one I want?)

D L Bahler

Coming from England, one has to wonder what the shipping on such a heavy item might be?

Perhaps the elevated prices you see in the states are due to the fact that the US dealers have already payed shipping on their products from Sweden, and have to charge us for that.  International shipping can cost a good deal, I might pay $40 or more to send a box to friends and relatives in Switzerland, for example.

Brucer

The price for the Carving Axe from Lee Valley Tools in Canada is also $179.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

losttheplot

Into Canada, from outside NAFTA, would also be charged import duty.
Not sure if that also applies to The USA?
DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU THINK !

Thank You Sponsors!