iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Safety glasses wanted

Started by Jim_Rogers, January 11, 2013, 05:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

Ok, so on my recent trip to GA, I lost my safety glasses.

The ones you see on me in my profile picture.

These are my most favorite kind/brand.

When I could, I would buy six pairs or more at a time.

They are made/were made by American Allsafe Company and they are called Comtempo model # 18566.

The came with both clear and dark lenses, so you could swap them out.

I am now down to my last pair, which were a pair of clear ones that I replaced the clear lens with an extra dark one I had on hand.

I have tried to find them doing a google search and I can't even seem to find the phone number of the company to call them and see if they even make them any more.

The guy I used to get them from, at the logging equipment shows in Bangor, or VT told me he couldn't get them any more several times when I ask him for them.

I'd like to find something similar and try them.

Can anyone suggest a pair similar and where I can get a new kind?

Or can any one suggest where I can find this brand and style I have?

Thanks

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Lay them critters down on a table and take a picture.  ;)  That will help some. and something for size too. Ben Meadows have some,Gemplers too. Hard to say who has the ones you like. Good luck
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clearcut

I found this address:

American Allsafe Co.
99 Whales Avenue
Tonawanda,NY14150    Phone: 800-231-1332
Fax: 800-730-5001
Carbon sequestered upon request.

Jim_Rogers

Thanks for finding that phone number. I know that address is right as I did find that after posting the company name, but I couldn't find the phone number.

Well, today it's kind of rainy here, and I was unpacking my laptop computer from my trip to GA, and in the wire only section of my bag, that is the section where I suppose to store only wires to my laptop, mouse, external drive and camera, I found my missing safety sun glasses.

I hadn't looked in that compartment as it's suppose to be wires only. I looked in all the other compartments when I was searching for my glasses earlier but I didn't look in that one.

So, I guess I have to change my profile picture to one with a red face on it. I am so embarrassed.

Jim (red faced) Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

giant splinter

Jim
The field glasses made by Husqvarna work good for me,they are priced fair and available at most saw shops and Lowes I bet one of our sponsors carry them also.
seems like the more I pay for my safety glasses the shorter period of time I own them.
smiley_hollywood_cool They are good for fly fishing as well with the polarization as well as keeping sawdust out of your eyes around the mill and chainsaw. I leave mine on 24 7 365 cause the future is so bright.
roll with it

beenthere

QuoteI leave mine on 24 7 365

Don't find it hard to sleep? But then, maybe that is when you are fly fishin and catching the big ones. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!