iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

About 20 Years Ago Now

Started by Meadows Miller, January 10, 2013, 08:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

I got to saw on my own for the first time with a homemade logosol M7 chainsaw mill sawing Pine Framining and Natural/Live Edge weatherboards for a shed dad and I where building but it was the start of My Sawmilling Career  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) and dad never had to saw another stick of timber for the log building business for a long time after that  ;) :D ;D

Seems like a bloody long time ago now  :) :) :) :)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

drobertson

No doubt, time flys'  sounds like great memories for sure!  I have a ways to go to make 20 years, but as sands through the hour glass it won't take long,   keep it up man!     david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WoodenHead

About 19 more years until I catch up to your 20  :D

It was great that you could get into it so early.  My sons are not quite old enough yet, but my oldest (eight) does help with stickering and shoveling sawdust from time to time.

Meadows Miller

Gday

yeah I started young took alot of nagging and persistance to get Dad to let me loose on my own  :D :D ;D ;D ;D from then  on too i was allowed to use the crane truck with Hiab on it un supervised to load the mill too  :)

About the only thing he was leary about was me using a chainsaw freehand and he had to be there for that and said when I brought my own I could use it so I saved up n brought one of them  ;) :D :D ;D ;D

Regards Chris

drobertson

the chain saw still worries me a bit with my boys, you just never know how much control they have.  I guess it is the same when you turn over the keys to them as well, aye?
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Meadows Miller

I think that depends on the kid if they have alot of respect for what it is they are using let that be a chainsaw or a motorbike they are usualy fine in my book  ;) ;D ;D

but there are the ones who think there are no repercussions for their actions and do not think and thats when it gets scary  :o but there are bloke I know that are my age that are like that too  :) :) :D :D

captain_crunch

Chris
Here you go mate my youngest son tippein over trees at 14 years old

and here is Oldest boy sawing first board after him and Daune put it together

old coot on tractor be me :D :D
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

captain_crunch

Hey Chris
Mate you been busy sawing or busy stomping out burning Roos
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Meadows Miller

Gday Brian those are some great pics great to see em getting stuck into it Mate   ;) ;D ;D 8)I only wish I had taken more over the years esp when I was younger Mate  ;) smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Are they logging and running the mill much these days they have a walk up start with the Crunch Bunch Mill Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

clww

Time flies when you're having fun AND doing an honest days' work. ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Meadows Miller

Quote from: captain_crunch on January 15, 2013, 11:18:16 PM
Hey Chris
Mate you been busy sawing or busy stomping out burning Roos
:D :D :D Nah have not seen any flaming roo's as yet but some other places have Mate  ;)

Busy getting things linned up  with logs and getting the mill shifted the 50 odd mi from its old home to Seymour also just got a real clean 1 owner 86 Toyota ute that I have been getting on the road for a run around roadworthy and ready to re register too yeah so Busy Busy I hope you have been keeping that way yourself Mate  ;) ;D ;D smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

Regards Chris

drobertson

It was 21 years ago my first son was born.  And today we split out just short of a cord of wood for the furnace, great times, and thankfully great weather, sunny and cold. 

Meadows Miller

That it does that it does Mate I cant wait to turn a saw next week and start production as it seems like all I have done the last 6 months is organizing and paperwork but i spose thats the important part hey Mate   :) :) ;) ;D

I love doing stuff with my old man a cords a bit of wood Ill trade you the weather tough my sunny n stinkin hot for yours Mate  ;) :D ;D ;D

Regards Chris 

Thank You Sponsors!