iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer coming thru already!

Started by rooster 58, January 10, 2013, 11:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster 58

I just got off the phone with Rick at WM. I explained that I just purchased my lt 70, and what year of make it was. I told him I wanted to upgrade from accuset to accuset 2, and asked if there was any kind of warranty or help that WM could give me. He looked it up and came back and said I could get the upgrade at a vastly reduced cost 8) He offered to ship it to me and I said I wanted to take the mill down to Marty to let him go over it. Rick said to just tell Marty that I spoke to him and it will Be taken care of.
   I am very happy that WM  has a good repore with their customers and stands behind their mills. It makes me feel very comfortable to know I can count on great service as i begin my operation. And I look forwward to doing business with Marty and Lisa. They have been helpful and encouraging since I first spoke to them over 4 yrs. ago.
   Thanks Rick ;D And thanks Marty ;D

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

rooster 58

I just got off the phone with Rick  from WM headquarters a little while ago this morning. I told him of the lt 70 I just bought and asked if there was any kind of warranty on the mill. I explained to him that it was equipped with accuset and that I wanted to upgrade to accuset2. He asked me the year of make and the hrs. on the mill. After giving him the information he came back to me and said I could do the upgrade at a vastly reduced cost 8) He offered to send me the kit, and I told him I wanted to take the mill down to Marty so he could go over it. Rick told me to just tell Marty that I talked to him and everything would be handled.
I'm very happy and feel very comfortable that I'm beginning my operation knowing that Woodmizer will stand behind their product and offer such great service :D
     I also want to say that I'm glad to have Marty and Lisa to do business with, as they have ben very helpful and encouraging since first talking to them over 4 yrs. ago.
     THANKS MARTY ;D AND THANK YOU MARTY ;D ;D

taylorsmissbeehaven

WM is a great group to work with. Congratulations on the new mill! Brian
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

rooster 58

OOPS :-[ That was supposed to read Thanks Rick, and thanks Marty ;)

beenthere

Quote from: rooster 58 on January 10, 2013, 01:52:34 PM
    OOPS :-[ That was supposed to read Thanks Rick, and thanks Marty ;)

rooster 58
You can go back to your post and click on the modify button to change any mistakes.  ;)

Click "preview" to check and proofread a post.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

Good deal Scott, you should be on your way real soon. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

mmartone

Anybody know if accuset can be put on an older mill and is your old one for sale?
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

rooster 58

you would have to ask someone more knowledgable than me whether your mill would accept the accuset or not. What mill do you have, and how old is it.
   Yes, I would be interested in selling you my accuset very reasonably.

Bibbyman

Quote from: mmartone on January 10, 2013, 05:15:56 PM
Anybody know if accuset can be put on an older mill and is your old one for sale?

I don't know for sure how far back the Accuset was offered - maybe 98? 

But trying to use scrap parts from an upgrade from Accuset to Accuset 2 would be rough. 

For one thing, you wouldn't have all the parts needed as the upgrade uses some of the existing components. 

Another, you'll not have detailed institutions to install a box of loose parts and get them wired up and working and not let the smoke out.

And if you did get it installed and working,  you'll have and out of date, unsupported system with the same issues that lead it to be discarded in favor of the latest and greatest.
Sawing since '94

drobertson

I hope I dont' cause an issue here, but I liked the origingal accuset, up to the point of failure, and am still not sure if it was in the settings of the  program, or the circut board itself.  All said, there are many features of the original I wish were implemented with the accuset 2.   All this said it all boils down to the H-bridge supplied with the up grade, and having the right pid values set. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Bibbyman

Quote from: drobertson on January 10, 2013, 06:10:03 PM
I hope I dont' cause an issue here, but I liked the origingal accuset, up to the point of failure, and am still not sure if it was in the settings of the  program, or the circut board itself.  All said, there are many features of the original I wish were implemented with the accuset 2.   All this said it all boils down to the H-bridge supplied with the up grade, and having the right pid values set.

I can't think of features missing on the Accuset 2.  What's missing?

And a lot of things vastly improved, like faster boot up time, much brighter and larger display, quicker to program, brighter display in cold weather,  and keyboard that clicks so you know something happened.
Sawing since '94

MartyParsons

Hello,
Accuset had a bump up feature that some liked. You could set the auto up to a setting and the saw head would raise for the board return clearance while in pattern cut.
Accuset 2 has some added features like diagnosis where you can see up motor amp draw and forward feed amp draw on the motors. This comes in handy when you have an issue.  Like a cam bearing getting tight will increase amp draw or a weak gas shock on the LT70 will show higher amps .Feed rate control can also be checked in this screen. Battery voltage and H bridge voltage can be monitored.
So we lost one feature and gained some others.
Hope this helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Magicman

Just like the A Team, when a plan comes together.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

yep, I failed to mention the plus side to the accuset 2, there are some +++'s for sure, all said, these units are good as well as the machines, I receive positive comments regularly on the wmz. and as a side note, I just like running the mill, my mill, cuts to the number, not tooting the horn just saying, my last job was on a small order, he wanted 1" and I opted for 1-1/16" for reasons of a very hard log with some knots, when I told him he pulled out the tape, and just shook his head, and said thanks!,  I can handle it with the planer.  On the number.
It still blows my mind how accurate these mills cut on a consistant basis. Not counting bow of course,   david

Bibbyman

Another major improvement with Accuset 2 is when a new software upgrade is issued, all you do is pull the front panel and replace a memory card.  The only way to update software on the old Accuset was to replace the whole front panel and send the old one back.   What a drag! 

When I was field testing the Accuset 2, Sparks would just attach a data file to an email and I'd put it on a memory card and install it. Within minutes I could give him feedback.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!