iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Turbulators

Started by stratford 50, January 09, 2013, 07:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratford 50

What will happen if I remove the Turbulators from the e- classic 2300 and run the furnace without them? What will the effects be and will it change how the furnace runs now? Has anyone tried this? Thanks Paul

Logging logginglogging

I once read about someone doing this. I beleive they dident get as good of a heat transfer as with them.  Why are u thinking of doing this?

stratford 50

Two reasons, to reduce cleaning time and to follow what my buddie did after being told by his dealer. Newer furnaces dont use them so I have been told.

Logging logginglogging

Neat, Dident know the new ones dont have them.
I usually just take mine out and tap them togather, I dont really put any cleaning time into mine.

Logging logginglogging

His dealer told him to remove em?

stratford 50

Yes, been running it that way since October, said he didn't notice any difference either way. I would like more input before I do this.

muckamuck

I just tap mine together - I don't think you have to do more than that.  As for efficiency, I think it would be hard to tell without an engineer and measurements.  With the temperature and wind changes and differences in wetness of wood, how many of you think you could even detect a 20% change in heating efficiency?  I try my best to feed exactly the right amount of wood to be consumed each morning and evening (in order to keep the coals from building up over time), but I find that I am often off by 20% (either not enough and temp is low or too much wood and coals at end of day).  It seem to make sense to keep the tubulators in increase heat transfer.

doctorb

This topic has been somewhat discussed before, if you're interested.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,47346.0.html
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

stratford 50

Thanks doctorb, I read through the comments of the earlier post that you pointed out. I had seen that in 2010 but had forgotten what was said, for now I will leave the turbulators in place. That particular thread is where I learned about removing the bottom solinoid and plate and it improved air flow in the firebox. Thanks again Paul

Logging logginglogging

Yes that is the thread i was refering to in my first reply.

Logging logginglogging

So did you take them out and run it for a while?

stratford 50

No, still running with them,didnt feel confident it would do any good!!

Thank You Sponsors!