iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

e Classic 2300 Flashing Zero Temp Gague

Started by waorgany, January 08, 2013, 10:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waorgany

Anyone know why or what is causing my digital temp gauge to be flashing or actually rotation a zero in the first digit? This is a 2008 CB e Classic 2300...the other day I had a blown fuse this afternoon I cleaned the inside, this past weekend I did the reaction chamber...loaded it with wood about 4pm today then went to some training at the FD and my wife sent me a text at about 9pm that its flashing this zero, never seen anything like this?

last winter replace the main door seal, this year it needs replaced again,and both of my interior doors main door and reaction chambers steel plates are warping, turbolater fins all six are getting like they are chewed up...these stoves are pretty much junk and it doesn't seem like CB cares a dang once they have your money...my local dealer is no help and is 45 minutes away. Wish there was something more that could be done..

Any suggestions would be very helpful...located in NNY thanks in advance.

Logging logginglogging

I would try shutting down then turning it back on like a computer reboot. I have not had any of these problems and the turbulators on mine are still like new. Could it be it was running too hot and the turbulators got burned? If the reboot dosent work I would see if you can replace the temp sensor. Where was the fuse that you blew located?

stumper

I have not seen exactly what you describe but we may have a slightly different model.  If the water level sensor goes on mine, I get an alarm sound and two or three zeroes on the controler.  I would open the controler and check the continueity of both the temp sensor and the water level sensor.  They are run in series so if you get continuity through both they should be good, if not I would check each individually.  If it is that water level sensor you can by pass it and run, till you can replace it.  Just check the water level every day.  I also did a post on my replacement procedure for the water level sensor using a vacum to avoid loosing water.

Logging logginglogging

stumper

I just placed a shop vacum in the bucket of my tractor, lifted it above where I figured the waterline was and then attached the hose to the vent pipe on top.  Used a rag to help with the seal then turned the vacum on and proceded to replace the water level sensor.  I had everything ready to go and as soon as I removed the bad sensor slid in the new sensor.  The vacum held the water in the boiler. 

Search for the post as I recall I went into more detail in terms of which wire went were and the like.

boilerman101

Flashing 000 could be either low water level or a bad low water sensor. A single 0 sounds unusual.  Is the furnace still working ok or is it down? If working ok, maybe just some dead LED's. If furnace not working, controller may be bad. You said it is a 2008 model 2300, does it have the Firestar controller or just the digital Love controller? Either way, controller may have died or in process of going bad and need to be replaced.

Logging logginglogging

I hope the origional topic starter tells us what the problem was once he figures it out.

Logging logginglogging

Not knowing is killing me!!!

Is that what you want?

???

JJ

I had the same thing happen with my e-2300 and replaced the digital love controller, but it ended up being the temp sensor needed to be replaced.   Since I sold the house the new owner of that stove now has an extra controller.

JJ

DFILER2

From the CB support site, just make sure to enter your serial number.

Controller - E-Classic 2300 - Error 000
APPLIES TO: VIEW
[font={defaultattr}]
PARTS REFERENCED: VIEW[/font]

The Controller on the E-Classic 2300 Wood-Only model will display error message "000" for 3 different reasons:

Because the water level sensor and the water temperature sensor are wired in series, the control cannot detect which component has failed; therefore, the "000" message is displayed.

STEP 1
Check the water level in the furnace. If the water level is low, add water following the recommended procedure in the Owner's Manual. If adding water does not clear the "000" message, proceed to Step 2.

STEP 2
Test the wires ( Wire Diagram ) leading to each sensor to prove continuity. Replace any faulty wiring ( Wire Harness ). If replacing faulty wiring does not clear the "000" message, proceed to Step 3.

STEP 3
Test the Water Level Sensor. If the sensor has failed, replace it. If replacing the water level sensor does not clear the "000" message, proceed to Step 4.

STEP 4
Test the Water Temperature Sensor. If the sensor has failed, replace it. If replacing the water temperature sensor does not clear the "000" message, proceed to Step 5.

STEP 5
Replace the  Digital Temperature Control.

JJ

Seems I reply to old thread.  I am sure he worked out the issue like 7 years ago ;D.

JJ

DFILER2

Well just in case he didn't I think we got it covered:)

Thank You Sponsors!