iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New "Hometown Heros" ID Card for local vets offered.

Started by gspren, January 08, 2013, 09:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Our York County, PA recorder of deeds office has a new program where any local veteran can take in their DD214 discharge papers and they receive an official photo ID that gets discounts at many local businesses. I went in today and got my card and a list of over 50 places in the county that give discounts, usually 10 percent, I did notice that Hooters gives 15 percent, now where do I go first to try it out?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

bodagocreek2

I've been told that the VA Id card works the same way.

thecfarm

I think Lowe's does 10% every day?? But Home Depot only does on veterans day,July 4th.?? I might have them mixed up.
That is a nice thing to do.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wwsjr

Lowe's gives 10% discount when I show my US Army retired ID card anytime. Never have tried Home Depot, don't know.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

thecfarm

They both use to do all the time. Than HD must of been the one that stopped giving the discount every day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

10% is better than nothing, but personally I feel that they could do more compared to what are Vets have been through.
The mark-up on items these stores sell are high percentage.

Vets should be getting at least a 20% discount if not more. Just my opinion.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

Amen, on that David,   thanks to all our troups!!!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Furu

HD offers me a 10% everyday as does Lowes.  The difference is if HD has something on sale for 20% off they do not allow the additional 10% off.  Lowes lets me have the sales price of 20% off and then takes the 10% on top of that.  Pretty good deal for appliance shopping on the holiday sales.

Chuck White

Quote from: gspren on January 08, 2013, 09:04:27 PM
  Our York County, PA recorder of deeds office has a new program where any local veteran can take in their DD214 discharge papers and they receive an official photo ID that gets discounts at many local businesses. 

Thanks for posting, gspren.

We have the same program here in St Lawrence County, NY.

Lowes will give the 10% discount when shown any military ID card.

I have received discounts several times, by just asking "do you give a military discount".

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: thecfarm on January 09, 2013, 06:45:15 AM
I think Lowe's does 10% every day?? But Home Depot only does on veterans day,July 4th.?? I might have them mixed up.
That is a nice thing to do.

Here in Panama City, Florida, both HD and Lowes give 10% military discount all the time. The HD at Panama City Beach does as well. The Lowes at Panama City Beach will give the discount every day if you go to the customer service checkout instead of the normal checkouts...

BTW, thats either Active Duty or Retired Military ID. Don't know if they do it for VA id...

HTH

Herb

mrcaptainbob

Yes, Jackson County, Michigan, as well as many others here also have the military ID program. Just show the DD214 and ten minutes later it's in your wallet. HD, Lowes and many others show there thanks and respect. It's much appreciated. I like that they are sponsors of the Olympics and the Special Olympics, too.

Thank You Sponsors!