iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maine logging history presentation

Started by loggah, January 08, 2013, 07:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

Well im not sure where to post this but a friend of mine is doing a presentation on logging history in Maine this coming Saturday, early mechanized logging in northern Maine, its at the Owls Head Museum   and free admission,anyone interested in logging and logging history  in New England should try an attend. Below is a copy of the flier. Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

CTL logger

Looks interesting wish I lived closer I like that kinda stuff.

barbender

I wish I could make it, but it's a little far for me ;) One of our (no longer existant) logging railroads was called the Minneapolis and Rainy River, "and it never made it to either" one author said. Kind of like your Nowhere to Nowhere.
Too many irons in the fire

horselogger50

I work on Saturdays so I can't go. It's something me and my son would be interested in.

GRANITEstateMP

That Museum is awesome, it's a bit of a drive from anywhere, but there is a lot of really neat stuff there.  Had a "class trip" up there for our Auto Tech class in college, totally worth the 5 hours on the bus that day!

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

snowstorm

Quote from: loggah on January 08, 2013, 07:47:53 PM
Well im not sure where to post this but a friend of mine is doing a presentation on logging history in Maine this coming Saturday, early mechanized logging in northern Maine, its at the Owls Head Museum   and free admission,anyone interested in logging and logging history  in New England should try an attend. Below is a copy of the flier. Don

are you gonna be there? its only about 30miles  for me

loggah

I'm not sure, I told Terry i  might not be able to get there ,over 4 hrs for me.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

loggah

Don't look like im going to make it over tomorrow ! :( Don

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!