iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's going on with Woodmizer customer support? ** UPDATED **

Started by CalebL, January 04, 2013, 05:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

In Reply #16, Dan said that the problem was the controller.  I do not believe that he was referring to the potentiometer.  I am sure that we will get a clarification from Dan.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Boyd and I have spoken often in the past, a very good resorce, very personable as well, and although I can't remember the Indian accented fellows name, very helpful as well when in his purview,  down time is just a frustrating thing, and then there is the bill, got to love it though when the dust gets to flying,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

CalebL

Quote from: Magicman on January 04, 2013, 09:30:42 PM
In Reply #16, Dan said that the problem was the controller.  I do not believe that he was referring to the potentiometer.  I am sure that we will get a clarification from Dan.

Woodmizer calls the potentiometer the "Feed Rate Control".  That's why I thought (and PRAYING) he was referring to that. 
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

Dan_Shade

i Had to order the controller, not the pot.  it was P/N 024396-1 (I think)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

CalebL

Quote from: Dan_Shade on January 04, 2013, 09:55:29 PM
i Had to order the controller, not the pot.  it was P/N 024396-1 (I think)

I can live with that.  It's a lot better than the $350 I am hoping it isn't. 

Out of curiosity, how many hours on your mill.  I have just under 650 on mine.
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

LeeB

For late day calls, remember there are also shopson the west coast. Give you a couple more hours to talk to someone live. Indy isn't the only number available.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Mooney

Sorry about the other day Caleb. I forwarded your PM to Customer Service. They are on the phones until noon today. If you have some time, try calling again or just emailing customerservice@woodmizer.com. I know they've been swamped with the phones and with mills coming in to get worked on as well.

Oh, and just a general note, we don't use any call centers, and the American-citizen someone spoke to is not from India.

drobertson

Hey Mooney, I did not mean to say anything like you guys had a call center, just that the gentleman had a foreign accent, and apologize for not remembering his name. He has always been very helpful to me, and I enjoy our conversations whenever they come around as do I with all the support staff.   sincerely david,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooney on January 05, 2013, 09:17:34 AM
Sorry about the other day Caleb. I forwarded your PM to Customer Service. They are on the phones until noon today. If you have some time, try calling again or just emailing customerservice@woodmizer.com. I know they've been swamped with the phones and with mills coming in to get worked on as well.

Oh, and just a general note, we don't use any call centers, and the American-citizen someone spoke to is not from India.

And all this time Jake, I thought you were in Thailand.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Kansas

One time I had to call for customer service, don't remember who now. My hearing isn't what it used to be. I swore that person was from India...after a bit of unsuccessfully trying to understand him..I flat asked if that is where  he was from. There was a bit of a pause. I don't remember the state, but I think he said Kentucky. That was not one  of my finer moments.

Magicman

:D  The guy with the accent has "gotten me" a few times,  :)  and I'll bet he enjoyed my redneck English.  I always found him to be very knowledgeable as well as patient.  He has always walked me exactly to the defective part.

I never need to be reminded to thank them for being there for me.  Sure, it's "just their job", but they do not act like it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CalebL

I got a call from the supervisor at Woodmizer at 7:01 am this morning.  Sorry, I forgot his name and I was just waking up.  He apologized for the wait times and wanted a run down of what happened so he could make sure this didn't happen again.  He said they have been having problems with a new phone system but nothing this bad.  He assured me he work to correct the problem.  I could tell he was genuinely concerned. 

He also said he would have one of the electrical guys call me right away.  About 5 minutes later, Mike in electrical called.  He walked me through diagnosing the problem and said it was probably the circuit board.  Long story short, I have a new circuit board coming.  Thanks for all the help.   
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Calebl...I'm glad it worked out. Sometimes things happen no one can control. I've been there in your shoes.
I'm sure Wood-Mizer appreciates your patience.  smiley_thumbsup

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

drobertson

If I were to guess, the gentlemans' name is Jim Brown, one of the finest support team members I have ever been in contact with, WMZ will work through any problems as soon as they know there is an issue.   David

woodmills1

Wasn't Jim brown the ex football player who was also in the dirty dozen? :snowball:
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

CalebL

Got the board today and installed it.  Happy to say everything is working like it should.  Now have to get caught up.
2005 LT40 HDD34
2000 Cat 226 Skid Loader

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dave Shepard

I've talked to Jim Brown before, and I definitely wouldn't have confused him with anyone from an Indian call center. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

barbender

Caleb, WM probably walked you through this, but make sure there is nothing causing a drag and increased load on your carriage- frozen roller bearings, sawdust buildup on guide rail, those sorts of things. I had to replace a board this spring, I don't want to do that again :(
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!