iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skidder advice

Started by Woodboogah, December 20, 2012, 11:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

So after all this I am finally going to look at some equipment.  I have been straight out plowing with the recent snow and havent been looking as hard I should have been, priorities though.  I have found a really nice clean tight JD 440.  going to pull some wood with it Sat.  I was against buying a JD just because of parts, its the nicest machine I have looked at by far though, and it is relatively close to me.  We will see what happens.  Thank you all again.  Any advice if the 440's are notorious for any specific problems.  Thanks and happy new year!!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

loggah

There decent little machines, i dont like them for myself because you got to climb over the front tire every time you get on and off them being 6'4" and 285 lbs the cabs are a bit tight also. A friend of mine had 3  of them and i remember troubles with the reverser gear and shaft, and parking brake problems. I think overall they are O.K. just not my thing. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

a old timberjack

Quote from: loggah on January 03, 2013, 08:04:51 AM
There decent little machines, i dont like them for myself because you got to climb over the front tire every time you get on and off them being 6'4" and 285 lbs the cabs are a bit tight also. A friend of mine had 3  of them and i remember troubles with the reverser gear and shaft, and parking brake problems. I think overall they are O.K. just not my thing. Don
I agree,  they always reminded me of a 4020 jd farm tractor  (the 440 series that is.)
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

duckslayingpro

I have a 440a. I only use it on the weekends pull about 10-15mbf a weekend with it. I really like it. If you use it within its limitations it is very nice machine. As previously stated for a large peraon it can be alittle user unfriendly to get in out of the cab bit not too bad.

Thank You Sponsors!