iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cedar Coffee Table....Finally.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2013, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

That is better than an A+. I really like the bottom part the best. But the top is some nice too. Nice job with the toppings too.  :D  Fireplace fire adds alot too.

By the way guys be careful about the legs question. In one thread he had a picture of him playing golf.   :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bama20a

Quote from: thecfarm on January 03, 2013, 09:28:38 AM
That is better than an A+. I really like the bottom part the best. But the top is some nice too. Nice job with the toppings too.  :D  Fireplace fire adds alot too.

By the way guys be careful about the legs question. In one thread he had a picture of him playing golf.   :o
:D :D :D
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

Jay C. White Cloud

The "butterfly keys," are great.  How deep did you set them in?
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 123maxbars on January 03, 2013, 12:52:16 AM
Nice work.  How did you attach the legs?

I use a 6 inch and sometimes a 4 inch deck screw that goes through the top of the slab down into the leg.
Each leg also has Gorilla Glue on it. I when I tighten the deck screw.....I tighten it has tight as I can get it.
After a while the Glue will foam out around each leg and I just trim it off with a razor blade.
The screws are counter sunk with a dowel peg covering the hole.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on January 03, 2013, 12:04:39 PM

On a 2 inch slab, I try to get as close to ¾ of an inch or more. Dry Cedar is really not that bad to chisel out.
Sometimes you have to bow tie both sides if the slab gets an attitude.  :)

Holmes

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 03, 2013, 03:19:57 PM
Quote from: Jay C. White Cloud on January 03, 2013, 12:04:39 PM

On a 2 inch slab, I try to get as close to ¾ of an inch or more. Dry Cedar is really not that bad to chisel out.
Sometimes you have to bow tie both sides if the slab gets an attitude.  :)
OK 'Fess up...  When did you get a wood chisel??? ;D
Think like a farmer.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Holmes on January 03, 2013, 03:31:47 PM

I went to LOWE'S and bought a set. They work well for what I use them for as long as I don't use them well for a screw driver, concrete chisel or a punch.  :D

jamesamd

That is a work of art!
An ode to nature :D
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!

Jim
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

samandothers

Wow!
I wanna do that one day! 

You did great with the chisels! Ever used a router for butterflies?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

clww

So now you are "The Table Whisperer"! Outstanding piece of decorative, rustic furniture. :new_year:
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on January 03, 2013, 11:10:38 PM
So now you are "The Table Whisperer"! Outstanding piece of decorative, rustic furniture. :new_year:

Thanks Chief. smiley_thumbsup

clww

Thank you! Every time I see some really cool looking furniture, slab, building, etc. on here, I get another piece of inspiration for my "things-to-do-once-the-cabin-is-all-finished-and-I-start-making-furniture-again" future endeavors. 
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: clww on January 03, 2013, 11:25:32 PM
Thank you! Every time I see some really cool looking furniture, slab, building, etc. on here, I get another piece of inspiration for my "things-to-do-once-the-cabin-is-all-finished-and-I-start-making-furniture-again" future endeavors.

I have a Pine table for sale. $10,000 dollars. The only one in the world with a cat head in it. It would look great in your cabin.  ;D But you can buy it now for $1500.00 just because I like you.  :D
This is of course, WDH doesn't want it. He's still checking on shipping charges. :)

clww

I'm headed back to the cabin this morning. If you personally deliver, and install it, I'll take it for $1200. :D
Any pictures?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Very nice David.  Your projects always have a touch of personality and character.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 04, 2013, 08:35:50 AM
Very nice David.  Your projects always have a touch of personality and character.   smiley_thumbsup

Thanks Lynn. Nice compliment.

SAWMILL BUDDY

David, I really like that table. I know now what I'm doing tomorrow. Thanks

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: SAWMILL BUDDY on January 04, 2013, 07:27:48 PM
David, I really like that table. I know now what I'm doing tomorrow. Thanks

Buddy, don't forget to post some pics. Thanks.

Migal

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 03, 2013, 03:46:15 PM
Quote from: Holmes on January 03, 2013, 03:31:47 PM

I went to LOWE'S and bought a set. They work well for what I use them for as long as I don't use them well for a screw driver, concrete chisel or a punch.  :D
I thought you were going to say when the safety low kickback chain wore out you went full chisel my bad  :D
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

SAWMILL BUDDY

Had a change of plans. Ended up fixing the tires on the skid steer, unloading and reloading the kiln, and setting up the pool table. Guess I'll look through my wood stash Monday.

Thank You Sponsors!