iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What else could go wrong???

Started by CTL logger, December 29, 2012, 07:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

After much debate and trying to find something used I ordered a brand new Timberpro TF 830B forwarder at the end of september. I was told by the dealer it would probably take 6 to 8 weeks, so lets say that's a delivery of somewhere around middle of november. Then I get a call from salesman in oct. Timberpro is having a problem getting cummins engines they are only able to get one engine per week, your machine is number seven to be built. I say that's ok should be done by december, well it's december 29 no new forwarder in sight no answers from salesman other than his boss is waiting to hear from Timberpro. On the 27th I sent email to Lee Crawford myself he responded the next morning told me about the engine issues, their cummins order was not put in the system and they ran out of engines. I told Lee i understood the issues they've been having but I had a machine ordered, that was supposed to be built and nobody gives me any answers. He said he didn't know which machine was mine they just have PO#'s not names, I said mine was blue and had a front blade(have only seen 2 with blades) he replies I don't have any with blades ordered I'm going to call your dealer and get to the bottom of this. The the owner of dealership calls says Timberpro lost the order but they are going to try to get machine asap. It's great that I can get information from Timberpro but I ask my dealer and they always tell me were waiting to hear from them but I can get a response in less than a day. Just wish I would have sent the email a couple weeks ago.

snowstorm

there wont be much tax advandage if you dont get it by dec 31will there? you know we all want to know how much a timberpro costs. 350k??

Autocar

For what a machine like that, costs that much and they lose the order,thats nuts. If I was the owner of that company I would go to the dealer and find out who dropped the ball and get back with you ASAP and would make a effert to get your machine to you. Seem odd that cummins has a problem building motors and getting them out to folks. Goodluck but after that run around they should give you a extened warranty  ;).
Bill

CTL logger

With all the options and 2 sets of tracks it's a little over 400k .

rmack

let's see... they 'lost' a $400,000.00 order?

I would think that if this sort of mistake doesn't cost somebody their job, then this company is not really serious about surviving over the long term. Absolutely incredible. :o
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

thecfarm

That is too bad. I kinda wonder if there is still more to the story.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jocco

I would be quite upset have been down a similar road myself. >:( Would look at other brands or dealer. It worked for me. ;D
You may check out but you will never leave

CTL logger

I really don't have a plan B no one else can get anything any sooner than i've been promised now. The biggest thing is I have a trade-in and the price I got on a 860.4 komatsu forwarder was higher than the timberpro and the 860 is smaller they've had it since the show in vermont in the spring guess it can just sit on the lot a little longer, I have the funds could buy it monday morning but they offered me 29,000 less for my trade than the timberpro dealer. It is very upsetting but what do you do? The dealer did say they would eat the price increase and i'll be getting a 2013 machine and my machine has more hours on it than when original deal was done. I said wow that's mighty nice of you they al act like their doing ya a favor or something!! And I don't need a shiny new machine I've looked for a year for a used one but everything used these days is beat into the earth, I know what i have and what it takes to get it I take good care of it, that's what pays the bills.  :'(

barbender

There are a lot of manufactuers building forwarders, I don't know what there are for dealers in your area. I'd think they'd be falling over each other for a guy that's buying a new machine. There aren't many moving right now, at least up here. How is the new line of Cat forwarders? I know nothing about them, but if they have a good machine your trade should be worth more there. Just some thoughts ???
Too many irons in the fire

Gary_C

If I were you, I would have that 860.4 in my hands right now, even at that price difference. Go back to that Komatsu dealer and see if he will match their offer. Can't hurt to ask and I find it hard to believe they would walk away from you.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

CTL logger

Quote from: barbender on December 29, 2012, 12:53:07 PM
There are a lot of manufactuers building forwarders, I don't know what there are for dealers in your area. I'd think they'd be falling over each other for a guy that's buying a new machine. There aren't many moving right now, at least up here. How is the new line of Cat forwarders? I know nothing about them, but if they have a good machine your trade should be worth more there. Just some thoughts ???

I have a Cat forwarder with under 4000 hrs on it I can't stand the thing, biggest pile of scrap ever built!! It has a 173 hp cat motor with a torque converter trans it can't get out of it's own way, I've been goinig up a short hill and had it just come to a stop before not spin out just stop dead, I do nothing but fix it all the time. You couldn't give me another one. I agree that dealers should be falling over each other to sell someone something never seems to work out that way for me Deere won't even call me back and I looked over the quote on the 860 komatsu they are actually 44k higher than the timberpro is I just don't have that difference to spend. I live in northwestern Pa and I have  very limited choices when it comes to the equipment I run I order all my parts and have them shipped and fix it myself, it's a 6 to 12 hour drive to almost any dealer for my processing head but Woodland Equipment has always been more than helpful over the phone. I guess I operate the wrong type of equipment for where I live. :laugh:

snowstorm

there is a new 860 valmet in bangor

CTL logger

Quote from: snowstorm on December 29, 2012, 03:17:35 PM

That is the machine I was quoted a price on. Almost 500k from oliver stores

1270d

Timberpro is not known for their excellent dealer network. They are also known for having a shortage of components like this.  Last year there was some guys in our area waiting in the same way you are because TP couldn't get pumps and track driives.   You might want to look at the price difference with the valmet in a diiffernt way.   How much is the potential downtime for repairs going to cost you?  If the salesman/dealer can't be bothered to give proper consiiderations to someone buying a brand new machine, will they be bothered to get you part quickly.  Or a service tech quickly? As you know, down time is a killer, and all machines break. 

This of course is providing komatsu has excellent sales and service.   We have always had great luck with nortrax.

Gary_C

Quote from: 1270d on December 29, 2012, 04:26:25 PM
  You might want to look at the price difference with the valmet in a diiffernt way.   

I agree completely. You can't afford to be down like a friend of mine is with a 1.5 year old forwarder with the bogie drive out and parts six weeks away.

Check with Ponsse too. Probably the closest location is in Gladstone, MI but they are excellent on parts and service. You may get a better price than $500 K too.

You have to recognize the dealers know the complaints with your CAT machine and are discounting it accordingly.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

CTL logger

What type of machine is it with the bogie out of it?

1270d

Ponsse is also a good company with good service.  Of course I live only an hour from gladstone.  There is also a dealer in gaylord I think.  I had the pleasure to have the grandson of ponsse's founder visit my jobsite and fix our forwarder.  Very, very knowledgeable.

Have you had the cat service out to make sure your driveline settings are all correct?  Maybe this isn't so crucial with a tconverter as with hyd drive motor and pumps.  170 plus horse should be sufficient unless your loading 15 ton plus.  I have heard that torque converted machines tend to need more hp to be competitive. 

CTL logger

Everything's been done that can be the loaders a joke too. We have a thousand gallon fuel tank that when empty weighs 1.5 ton the cat could barely lift it and we run in big hardwood it struggles all the time we cut long pulp like 20 ft if we did short wood it would be fine but we don't.

snowstorm

Quote from: CTL logger on December 29, 2012, 03:52:42 PM
Quote from: snowstorm on December 29, 2012, 03:17:35 PM

That is the machine I was quoted a price on. Almost 500k from oliver stores
go right to the top and talk to scotty. tell him anderson equipment is working on a sweet deal but you will give him a chance. i buy my parts from them and there are good to deal with. valmet always has the parts at there warehouse in tn. i have tried to buy a used 911 twice but they always thought they were more valueable than i did. i heard that anderson was taking over the valmet line in the northeast dont know if true or not

NWP

I know that some tax savings are going to expire at the end of the year.  You may save more in taxes than the difference in the higher priced machine.  Something to look into.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

jocco

CtL Can't help you much on the machine as there are not to many here.  Anyway 2 more things as others said if this Company/dealer acts like this what happens when you need a part or service??? Next if you put money down had a contract etc maybe calling your state attorney general (OR POWERS THAT BE IN YOUR STATE) :o i GOT A LAWYER TO CLEAN UP A WARRENTY MESS ONCE. ::) If you know how to play the game you may get a massive discount ;D Good luck
You may check out but you will never leave

barbender

I'd have to agree with the others, if the dealer stinks bad at this point....I mean, it's like gettin stood up at the altar or something. If they are mean during the honeymoon, how is it going to go when you have your first lovers quarrel, like a warranty issue? The timberpro machines have zero presence up here, the timbco feller bunchers are pretty popular but nothing in the way of forwarders. I've only seen them working on the pipeline, setting mats. I assume they have a pretty strong crane to do that work.

Too many irons in the fire

Ken

As has already been said I would have to tell the Timberpro dealer to go pound sand.  I operate on the basis of following through on what I say and expect businesses that I deal with to do the same.  I am amazed that they didn't follow through effectively on a $400K order. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

craigc

I run a Rottne and cannot complain about much.  They always have the part I need in stock.  They have been good about diagnosing problems over the phone.  Rottne has their main dealership in Pennsylvania.
Rottne SMV, Timbco with Logmax 9000, JD 540B Grapple.

clww

Misplaced a $400K order?!?!
Unreal! >:(
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!