iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A simple build out of what is normally burned

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 24, 2012, 01:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've had a bunch of these Pine cut-offs under the shed for 2 years. They were dry as a bone.
Took one out, re-sawed it on the mill......a little sanding, stain and 4 legs out of my stock and BAM.....a table.

Nothing fancy, but does look good beside the fireplace.

:christmas:
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jay C. White Cloud

Beautiful job of "disk work,"  somebody was just asking about this.  Your's is very nice and shows that even if there is the "pie piece" missing it still can look great.

Regards and :new_year:,

Jay
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

samandothers

Very nice indeed!  It looks nice with the coaster made from smaller disks.

The avitar is also quite nice!  I recon after the Christmas the old style smilie's will be back and possibly the 'less festive' avitar!?!

giant splinter

David
You come up with some of the neatest ideas, that looks great ..... nice work :snowfight1:
roll with it

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: samandothers on December 24, 2012, 02:37:13 PM
Very nice indeed!  It looks nice with the coaster made from smaller disks.

The avitar is also quite nice!  I recon after the Christmas the old style smilie's will be back and possibly the 'less festive' avitar!?!

The coasters were made from dried ELM trees.

I love this avatar for Christmas. It gives me 1 more tree than everybody else.  :laugh:

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 24, 2012, 02:33:25 PM
That's my style right there.  :)

Thanks Boss, I wanna put a checker board on it like yours, then it'll be finished. ;)

Busy Beaver Lumber

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

GeorgeK

George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

tyb525

Looks great Dave, I have an oak cookie I want to try that with.

If you have trouble with the table(s) wobbling, try putting 3 legs on them instead, they will never wobble them.

Or just sand a little off one of the legs ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: tyb525 on December 24, 2012, 04:26:23 PM
Looks great Dave, I have an oak cookie I want to try that with.

If you have trouble with the table(s) wobbling, try putting 3 legs on them instead, they will never wobble them.

Or just sand a little off one of the legs ;)

I have never thought of that...3 legs I will try it next time. I did have to sand a leg just a little but then found out it was my floor.  :laugh: Oh well.....Merry Christmas to me.  :)

Sprucegum

HOW DID THAT FISH HEAD GET TRAPPED IN THE LOG? oops - I didn't mean to shout  :-X  nice table.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Sprucegum on December 24, 2012, 06:12:25 PM
HOW DID THAT FISH HEAD GET TRAPPED IN THE LOG?

Fish heads are extremely rare in Pine.  ;D It's not unusual for a table like this to sell for $10,000.00 and up.
However Sprucegum, if you have some last minute shopping to do, I will sell you this table for $1500.00.....just because I like you.  :)

Piston

Dave,
That table is priceless, since there is a fish head in the table, it will only get larger as time goes on, just like in my fish stories.  :laugh: 

That is a GREAT looking table!  ;D

I really like how it looks next to the stone fireplace too, they accent each other well.  ;)  Good job and great eye for something that most of us would have just burned or let rot.   smiley_thumbsup

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

WDH

A very rare fish-head table.  In fact, it is so rare that there is only one known to exist.

That looks great, David!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on December 24, 2012, 09:36:07 PM
A very rare fish-head table.  In fact, it is so rare that there is only one known to exist.

That looks great, David!

Thanks for backing me WDH.....do you think SPRUCEGUM will bite?

WDH

Yes, I am sure he will.  So, go ahead and spend the money  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Piston

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 24, 2012, 09:39:08 PM
....do you think SPRUCEGUM will bite?

I don't know Dave, he might be a little scared off by the low price, you know, it sorta sounds like it's "too good to be true".   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Tree Feller

Great looking table, David. I like that you put some "refined" legs on the rather rustic top. That fish head is simply awesome, too. I don't know if I'd let it go for $10k.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Sprucegum

That fish head is a sockeye salmon - I already caught one of those so I will not bite this time

:new_year:

thecfarm

That is a mighty fine looking table. Just never know what's inside of a "table" do you?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Lud

Nice table.  The split interests me.  While one part of me wants to fill it somehow , I know it would just pop elsewhere, right?  I wonder if a little chunk of ruler across the gap might let you monitor the expansion and contraction.  Heck, it might work as a barometer! 8) 8)
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

tyb525

Lud, I think you might mean hygrometer :P I bet it does change slightly depending on the humidity.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Thank You Sponsors!