iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In praise of TimberKing customer service

Started by Ga Mtn Man, December 21, 2012, 05:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga Mtn Man

I emailed Matt at TK to get a price on the connector I needed (see this thread:  https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,62654.0.html)

Me:  Please give me a price on the connector that connects to the encoder on the TK 2000.

Matt:  $255 plus s/h

Me:  Is that for the connector or the whole cable?

Matt:  That's the cable from the encoder to the setworks box. It is about 45' long and is made of a special wire made to withstand the stretching and pulling that happens in the energy chain. Standard wire would pull apart in no time.

Me: I just need the connector.

Matt:  It will go out today.

Me:  Price?

Matt:  No charge.

Me:  (after picking myself up off the floor) Thanks Matt!  I appreciate that very much.  Merry Christmas!

Keep in mind that I am the second owner of this mill and it is out of warranty.  I can't ask for better customer service than that.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ScottAR

I'd wager the positive advertising in this post paid the cost of the connector.  Good on ya TK.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

xlogger

I've had the same thing happen to me with TK. I'm the second owner also. If anyone is looking a mill you should look at TK real strong. I have had an orange one also and they where helpful :christmas:. Ricky
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Sawdust Lover

I have heard alot of good things about orange. But I have had the greatest service from Timberking. It would be hard for me to ever think about buying anything but. Matt and the guys there are great!

bugdust

Now that's what I'm talking about Jack! Sorry, I'm watching Duck Commanders and that's the first thing that came to mind. Seriously, a good product is only part of a great back-up support team. Merry Christmas.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Tom the Sawyer

Couldn't agree more.  I am fortunate that TK's office is only 40 minutes from my home.  Matt is great, as is Jimmy, Jason, et al.  Never a cold shoulder or too busy to help.  I was on a job one day when an over-helpful client snapped off a hydraulic fitting on my loader.  I called Matt, part was in stock waiting for me.  When I got there bought the part (and a spare), they loaned me a wrench and let me use the vise in their shop to assemble it and I was back on site and sawing in less than 2 hours.  Wonderful service !!!
  :new_year:
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

ladylake

Don't forget Mike, he knows those mills inside out too.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Ga Mtn Man

Yes, Mike is the guy if need any help with your mill.  Mike wasn't in so I sent the email to Matt.

I have changed the title of the thread to be more general.

:christmas:
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

dchiapin

The whole staff have been very nice and helpful.
Every time I call, for any reason, they have always gotten the right person to answer my questions.
Never have they put me off or say something like someone will call you back, always they have found the right person in just seconds.
Now that, my friends, is what I call service.
Love my 2006 B20 I bought new from them.
David

Chuck White

Always nice to hear good things about our sponsors GA MTN MAN.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!