iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not as tough as you guys

Started by captain_crunch, December 18, 2012, 10:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captain_crunch

After feeding cows was going to run mill But as snow don't happen much here I weenied out :-\ :-\

Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

captain_crunch

M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

WDH

I will be even with you in 11 days  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

captain_crunch

WDH
I  now feel much better ;D ;D ;D

drobertson

Well the kids will enjoy the snow!  I like it too, but just to watch it fall now. and then hope the road crew clears the road.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

paul case

I understand where you are coming from.

I may not have your age, but I feel your pain. I overdid it quite often from when I was 15 till I turned 30. Hauling hay, raising chickens and working too many hours has wore some of my joints out. When it dont get much above 30 degrees, I ''weinie'' out too.

Stay in and feed the fire sounds like a good snow day plan to me. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

LeeB

We don't get much snow either. When we get that much we tend to play in it. Then I weine out for several days trying to recouperate. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Well I have 3" to move today, good exercise walking behind the blower.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Meadows Miller

Hmmmm I dont know about that myself too Mate   ;) ??? :P Nah  I have swept snow of a mill a couple of days and worked in it about 8 days in my life and im fine with it being only that often   ;) :D :D we do get a fair bit of snow  in Victoria only at higher altitudes but it was about  89 here today  ;)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

dgdrls

we should be up to our knee's in it and we still haven't had a bit.
I still enjoy it however it does get old by March,

CC, take a nice walk in it pretty sites to be seen,

DGDrls

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Meadows Miller

:D :D :D :D :D :D thats a good one Steve   ;)
4TH Generation Timbergetter

bandmiller2

Cappy,you will find as you get older the "slacker" gene gets more dominant.Not to worry if you really needed to cut you would rise to the call. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

rooster 58

The snowmobilers are cryin around here for lack of snow. None last year and just a skiff or two this year. I like the cold more than that blasted 90+ heat and 90% humidity! Yuck!

Magicman

Congrats on your decision Captain.  If it ever snowed here, I would not work either.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Capt. C. That's about what it looked like around here this morning!

Like Dan said, usually we have lots here, but this is it so far.

Enjoy the day off once in a while!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sigidi

I have to admit, if'n I had snow I may re-think milling for the day, but like others said if ya 'needed' to you would rise to the call.

Worst I 'needed' to do was two years ago about this time of year doin 39 deg C day in full Aussie sun, operating Bo on my own while two other 8-30's where both under cover being operated by 2 fella's each, apparently I cut more than each of the other 8-30's on my own with Bo  8) :laugh:
Always willing to help - Allan

captain_crunch

Guys thank you dont feel so bad now We used to have to log in 2ft of it and swore would not do it again ;D ;D
Like old logger saying Go home at 6" and come back to work in 2 ' becauce you were broke and wife threw you out of house
Brian
:christmas:

scully

Personaly I like to wait until the first good blast off the lake and then try and get everything done outside in the snow while it's snowing hard ......Sometimes I wonder whats wrong with me .....
I bleed orange  .

chevytaHOE5674

If I don't work in the snow then nothing would get done from October/November thru March/April.  :D

The snow doesn't bother me at all just slows me down a bit. What kicks my but is really cold weather, days when its 20 below zero with a 40mph wind blowing off lake superior makes it hard to get out and check the cows every morning. Thankfully we don't get too many of those days.

paul case

I just cant stand the cold like I used to.

When I was growing up we always waited till it was pretty cold to cut our firewood. We couldnt even keep up with downed or dead trees on the ranch so we cut them already seasoned with snow and ice on the wood many times. I just hated picking that stuff up. It would soak your gloves after just a few pieces and then your fingers would just get real cold. Let a piece slip out of your hand and it would really sting.

Dad's theory was if you cut you wood when it is cold, it gets you warm twice. ??? I just got real cold before the wood burning warmed me up. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

rooster 58

Were lookn at gettn 3-6 inches tomorrow. It will be the first real snowfall this year. I'm hopin it won't be too bad south of us as I am traveling to my sister's in Lynchburg, Va. for Christmas this weekend. And hopefully, God willing, from there to Ga. to pick up my mill and edger!!!!!!! Just hope the roads will be dry and not too salty! Man, can someone tell me how to insert those characters into my posts? I'm not so hot on the puter, sorry

beenthere

Quotehow to insert those characters into my posts?

Those characters are right above the posting window. Just click on any one of them and they will jump into your message. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rooster 58

Thank You Sponsors!