iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woody Wood Picker

Started by Jeff, December 18, 2012, 12:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

That's the name of the episode of the American Pickers episode I had recorded and just watched. They visited the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and I'm pretty sure I recognized one of the places they stopped as being in Chet stomping grounds called the Pasty Corner. Maybe Chet even knows some of the people on the show. Who knows. Anyhow, it was neat when they were driving around complaining about miles and miles of wilderness, not cellphone service and noting but trees and more trees. They visit Wisconsin too, but I've not watched that part yet. :)

I tried to find a way to watch it on line but didn't succeed.

Woody Wood Picker

Premiere Date: 12/17/2012

While in Michigan s Upper Peninsula, the guys stumble upon Woody the woodcarvers 80 acre property which features a Finnish sauna, an art gallery outhouse and a 100-year-old barn that s packed to the rafters. And later, the guys get first dibs on an aviation museum s once-in-a-lifetime sale and their guide turns out to be an American hero with an amazing story.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

They had a dyed in the wool yooper with Woody, you betcha.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Just talked to Chet. He'll have some things to say after he gets out of Prison. ;) :)

chet

A quick note before before I get locked up.  :-\  The pasty shop's owner's son roomed with my son Chris at Michigan Tech. I knew Ernie, the former owner of da Standard station very well. Both Ernie and his dad Leo were firefighters in town, as I am. They both passed away rather recently.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

1270d

Jeff

WDH

I DVR'd it but have not watched it yet.  I really like the show, but it will be even more special now that I know about this connection.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

I watched it on TV.  Woody seemed like a great guy. :)

I kept wondering if any of you guys would recognize him or the area.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

DR Buck

Quote from: WDH on December 18, 2012, 10:52:40 PM
I DVR'd it but have not watched it yet.  I really like the show, but it will be even more special now that I know about this connection.

It's on my DVR also.  Watched an episode of Storage Wars last night instead.   Maybe watch it tonight.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

WDH

That was a good episode.  I figured that I would see Chet high in some tree, but I did not.  Maybe he was wearing camouflage. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!