iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

milled some cedar this past weekend...

Started by Woodkiller, December 17, 2012, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodkiller

I love the way this stuff smells. I can walk out of the house and smell it from a 100 feet plus. It is decent size for Georgia at just over 19" wide, but the color is real nice. Enjoy,  Russell

This is the first time for me to figure out how to upload with out help!!

drobertson

nice looking cut, nice mill too!  better do a few more so you don't forget how to post ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

Nice looking log you've got there Russell.

Wish we had some of those in this area!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dboyt

Now you've got it, what are you going to do with it?
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

moandrich

I would love to buy some of those logs, what would be the closest to northeast CT for a log like that? anybody know where?
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

Magicman

Congrats on the Cedar log and the picture upload.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Those overgrown knots (limbs) create a beautiful live edge!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodkiller

I ended up with 1 mantle and enough 8/4 to do several live edge benches. That picture was the upper part of the tree. The trunk section was just as nice. The good news is my buddy has a even bigger one in his pile and he is going to save it for me as well. It is good to have friends! 8)

Gasawyer

Glad to see another Georgia sawyer on here. Nice log, good luck on making the benches. Keep up the good work!
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Stan Willis 49

Seems like there are quite a few of us Georgia sawyers on board.
  Last weekend I found a source for Cedar and so far we have hauled out two trailers full. We haven't even got to the large ones yet. There are about six trees that are as large as the one pictured.
  will post pictures when we have them all moved.

Woodkiller

Stan I hope your cedar is as good as what I found.

scully

Wasn't there a thread on dream logs or something ? That pic needs to be on there as well ! Man would I love to saw somethin that looked like that !
I bleed orange  .

WDH

All you other Georgia Sawyers are making me quite jealous  :) ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

lowpolyjoe

Looks amazing.  And the way you framed the name and phone number on the mill - you made the absolute perfect marketing pic.  :)

Woodkiller

WHD you are only a little over one hour south. If you are up this way let me know, and we will get together.

WDH

That's a deal!  Especially if there are walnut cedar logs involved  :D.

Ga Mtn Man

That thing is absolutely gorgeous!  And nice looking log too. ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

learner

Quote from: scully on December 18, 2012, 09:16:12 PM
Wasn't there a thread on dream logs or something ? That pic needs to be on there as well ! Man would I love to saw somethin that looked like that !
The thread is Logs to Drool Over.  A Great thread!   :D It has the best of the best green with envy.
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

Woodkiller

larson1951

very nice
in sw north dakota we have a mill that makes log cabins
and mills the same aromatic badlands cedar
My wife says I never finish anyt

Yesterday my best friend told me to "grow up".....so i immediately banned him from my fort

i feel a whole lot more like i do now than i did a while ago

learner

Wellcome to the forum larson1951.  That aroma is allmost over-powering when the mill is running and the sawdust a flying.  Since we don't have a collection system set up yet it also makes a pretty, reddish-pink carpet of sawdust on the mill floor.
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

francismilker

Fine lookin' cedar log.  Welcome aboard!
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. Let me know when WDH goes up that way as I might have to go myself. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!