iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

225A Timberjack Filter #s

Started by David-L, December 17, 2012, 06:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David-L

Hi All,
Does anyone know a Hydraulic filter # for the 200 series Timberjack. It is the cartridge filter in the Hyd tank up front. Fram, Wix or any one will do so I can have my NAPA store cross ref it. Thanks Caveman
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

jd540b

Best bet would be to pop the cover off and get the # right off the filter you have.....

jwilly3879

David-L

Thanks on the filter #'s, didn't want to pull it till I was ready to do it complete. Looks like a Donaldson P 165251 will work also as I found my tag from a 230A I use to have and yes the Wix is a good #.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Atlantic Trader

I recently bought a 1963 ish Timberjack, 200 H, and iam trying to figure out where the hydraulic filter is ??? Iam new to owning a machine like this so pardon my ignorance.

Is it in the pump housing up front under the radiator or is it in the resevoir tank, next to me in the cab?

Thanks

EricR

trader the filter is in the tank.  Take off the round cover with the 6 bolts. 

Atlantic Trader

Thanks Eric that helps alot, I appreciate it. Iam still getting used to the machine.

I did see on here a photos of a Timberjack lubrication chart that was stuck on a skidder a sticker type posterta looked like it was put on bythe factory. Did you ever come across one of these I thought it was a great reference ?

I just started this past summer a firewood business and I use the machine to haul tree length to the landing, basically a one man operation, except when I get help from my 9 year old in loading the truck. Like I say Iam new to skidders when I worked in the woods back inthe 80's we did mostly pulp and trail cut it, we had it scaled in the woods and hauled out to the landing with a porter then off to the pulp mill by the transport load.

Atlantic Trader

Eric
I looked in the tank under the circular plate with the 6 bolts and all I could see was that the tank is 3/4 baffled up and down, on the side below the plate there was a steel or alloy rod 3/8 " sticking straight up about 2/3 up to the top.

I didnt drain the tank because I was in the woods without a bucket and funnel?

I assume the filter is sitting on the bottom? is it threaded onto the outlet house, or return hose, what would it look like? Anyone fanilier with these hydraulic tanks that are in the cab of the old Timberjacks?
Thanks

EricR

atlantic trader, the rod passes through the center of the filter and should have a wing nut or something along those lines that clamps the filter down.  the filter is pretty big.  probabally 4 inches in diameter and 8 inches tall its just a canister type filter.

Atlantic Trader

thanks again Eric, it must have been just below the oil level, when I change the oil I will find it and change it also.

jwilly3879

The filter on my 240 is located to the right of the plate with 6 bolts, under a cover with 2 studs, a pain to get out because of interference with hydraulic lines to the pump.

Thank You Sponsors!